- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
- Andrei Arlovski Would Love A Rematch With Fedor Emeliananko
- Anthony Pettis Believes He Can Take Over As UFC’s Top Star
- Hostilities Rise Between Cyborg and Ronda Rousey Camp
- Anderson Silva Surprised By Drug Test Drama, Talks Rematch With Nick Diaz
- Fedor Emelianenko Reveals That Russian Fighters Won’t Take His Advice
- Kelvin Gastelum, Efrain Escudero Named TUF: Latin America 2 Coaches
- UFC 193 Official In Melbourne
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
Khabib Nurmagomedov Wants One More Fight In 2014, Will Then Wait For Title Shot
After stretching his perfect record to 22-0, Khabib Nurmagomedov has his eyes set on returning to fight again around September. If he manages to pick up his seventh straight win in the UFC the 25-year-old will wait it out for a shot at the lightweight title.
Nurmagomedov picked up his most recent win last month, at UFC on Fox 11, with a dominant unanimous decision win over Rafael Dos Anjos. The devout Muslim was offered to headline the UFC’s Fight Night event in Atlantic City opposite Donald Cerrone but he had to decline the matchup because it falls during Ramadan.
Ramadan is an annual observance for Muslims where they refrain from eating and drinking during daylight hours. According to “The Eagle” he will need 40 days after the event to prepare himself for his next fight.
In a recent interview with M1 Global, Nurmagomedov revealed the news before saying he hopes one more win it’s enough to grant him the next title shot:
“I need another fight before I can fight for the belt. [Gilbert] Melendez is fighting [Anthony] Pettis so the next fight for a champion will happen in May  or so. I can’t wait that long. I need another fight before the end of 2014. If Allah gives me a victory then I’ll wait for a title fight.
It could be the winner of [Donald] Cerrone vs. [Jim] Miller, Michael Johnson , Nate Diaz or T.J. Grant .” He explained. “Anything can happen. I’ll wait for the UFC to call me.”
Checkout the interview with the Dagestani below courtesy of M1GlobalRussia: