- Bellator 126 Results Recap: A New Champ Is Crowned
- UFC 178 Weigh-In Video & Results: Poirier & McGregor Get Heated In Las Vegas
- Vitor Belfort Accuses Chris Weidman Of Stalling
- UFC 178 LowKick MMA Staff Predictions
- Anthony Johnson vs Alexander Gustafsson Was Set For UFC on FOX 13…
- Quote: Gina Carano Harder To Deal With Than Tito Ortiz
Junior dos Santos: I will come back stronger than ever
Now former UFC Heavyweight champion, Junior “Cigano” dos Santos, discussed his disappointing loss to Cain Velasquez at last weekend’s UFC 155, and what’s next for him inside the Octagon. Looking pretty banged-up, dos Santos declared he will come back stronger than ever.
UFC President Dana White stated in one of his post-card interview that it might take some time before we see dos Santos fighting again. Cigano is expected to take some time off in order to re-group and find his way back into the title shot picture. Many fans and experts suggest that the Brazilian should get an immediate rematch, while others suggest that the identity of the next #1 contender will be determined on February 2nd, when Alistair Overeem and Antonio “Bigfoot” Silva square off at UFC 156, which will take place at Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.
“The other times (in fights) I got my hands hurt during the fight, all the time. This time I got my face hurt, my hands, I’m feeling 100-percent. My face has a little swelling, it’s for sure because I lost. I think Cain Velasquez did an excellent job so congratulations to him. He followed a good strategy.
I’m going to go back home, I’m going to fix everything, and put everything in the right place. I’m going to come back stronger than ever.”