- Conor McGregor Bigger Than Georges St-Pierre?
- UFC 178 Donald Cerrone vs Eddie Alvarez Highlights
- UFC 178: Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier Highlights
- UFC 178: Demetrious Johnson vs Chris Cariaso Highlights
- UFC 178 Post-Fight Bonuses: Cruz, McGregor Bank $50,000
- Tim Kennedy Will Appeal UFC 178 Loss To Yoel Romero
- UFC 178: Watch Dominick Cruz Destroy Takeya Mizugaki To Earn Next Title Shot
- UFC 178 Prelims Results: Dominick Cruz Dominates Takeya Mizugaki
- UFC 178 Main Card Results: McGregor Scores First Round Finish
Josh Thomson Set To Meet Michael Johnson At UFC on Fox 12 In July
Just over 24 hours after receiving it’s first matchup, UFC on Fox 12 has officially got it’s second fight in the form of a lightweight contest between Michael Johnson and Josh Thomson.
Officials confirmed the booking today with Fox Sports for the July event. Yesterday, Anthony Johnson vs. Antonio Rogerio Nogueira was announced as the first official bout for the promotions return to San Jose.
UFC on Fox 12 will take place inside the SAP Center, previously known as the HP Pavilion, in San Jose, California. The event is set to go down on July 26th, the headliner is still unknown but Thomson vs. Johnson will most likely take place on the main card.
UFC on Fox 12′s main card will be available on Fox following the preliminary fights on Fox Sports 1 and UFC Fight Pass.
Johnson has been smoking hot recently, winning his last three fights. We last seen “The Menace” in action at UFC Fight Night 37 in March were he dominated his former teammate Melvin Guillard to take a unanimous decision win.
The 27-year old Missouri native looks to be hitting his peak in his career. His recent streak has moved him up to No.12 in the official UFC rankings and with a couple more big wins he may very well find himself fighting for the title. Overall, Johnson is 6-2 in his last 8 fights.
Thomson will return to action following his ultra-close majority decision loss to former UFC champion Benson Henderson at the start of the year. His loss to “Smooth” was the first of his second UFC stint after knocking Nate Diaz out in his return back in April last year.
“The Punk” has now alternated between wins and losses in his last six fights. He was surprisingly booked to face Anthony Pettis for the lightweight title after his win over Diaz, however, the bout was cancelled when the champ withdrew with an injury. Thomson will need a strong performance against Johnson if he wants to get back into the title picture.