- Alistair Overeem vs Stefan Struve Booked For UFC On FOX 13
- Matt Mitrione Views Andrei Arlovski As ‘The Next Step’
- Machida vs. Dollaway Scheduled For UFC Fight Night 58
- Coach: Hendricks About 85 Percent, Looking To Return In February
- Ronda Rousey: I’m Sure ‘Cyborg’ Will Dope As Long As Possible Before Coming To UFC
- UFN 50 Medical Suspensions: ‘Jacare’ & Rothwell Out Indefinitely
Josh Barnett weighs in on UFC on Fuel TV 10: Werdum vs Nogueira
Check out this pretty sound prediction from the Warmaster himself. Barnett makes some great points about both fighters, pointing out Nogueira’s fighting style throughout his career being dependent on his chin.
With Werdum now appearing much more loose and experienced and with much improved Muay Thai and overall striking, coupled with Nogueira’s ability to take a solid punch beginning to decline, I agree with Barnett completely and see this match ending decisively in Werdum’s favour.
And regarding Jiu-Jitsu, I actually disagree with Barnett, I think Werdum is the better overall grappler, he’s younger, seems to be more inspired and driven to make a run at the title and has been defeating top competitiong steady for the past couple years since his loss to Junior dos Santos.
What do you guys think?