- Countdown To UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz
- UFC on FOX 14 Overnight Numbers Show Biggest FOX Ratings In Two Years
- Five Light Heavyweight Bouts To Make After UFC on FOX 14
- Biggest Winners & Losers From UFC On FOX 14
- Rumble To Jones: Keep Your Hands Up Or It’s Lights Out
- Poll: Will Anthony Johnson Become The Next Light Heavyweight Champ?
- Jon Jones Reacts To Anthony Johnson’s Win Over Alexander Gustafsson
- UFC on FOX 14: Anthony Johnson vs. Alexander Gustafsson Highlights
Josh Barnett snubs UFC contract offer
According to Barnett’s manager, The Warmaster was unable to reach terms with the Ultimate Fighting Championship, and will not make his long-awaited return to the promotion.
“We agreed on guaranteed compensation,” LaBarre said. “In fact, we never even countered. We accepted their original offer. However, there are some outlying issues — one in particular — that as of this point we were unable to agree on.” - MMAFighting.com
Those “outlying issues” could well be Barnett’s professional wrestling aspirations. UFC demands exclusivity from its fighters, which often becomes a heavy roadblock in contract negotiations. Man top fighters, such as Alistair Overeem with K-1 and Fedor Emelianenko with SAMBO, had to make a career defining decision whether they fully commit to the Ultimate Fighting Championship or fight somewhere-elsewhere.
Barnett is 4-1 in the UFC, losing only to Pedro Rizzo (UFC 30) via KO. The Baby-Faced Assassin was stripped off his UFC Heavyweight title after testing positive for performance enhancing drugs, which also finalized the first, and most likely the last episode of his career with the UFC.
Josh Barnett is currently 32-6 in MMA.