- Invicta FC 11 Weigh-In Results: Cyborg vs. Tweet Official In Los Angeles
- Josh Thomson Forced Out Of UFC Fight Night 62
- Quote: I Would Crush Brock Lesnar, He Won’t Have Time To Scream
- Kimbo Slice Returns Against Ken Shamrock On June 20
- Ronda Rousey Tells Cyborg To ‘Stop Taking F–king Steroids,’ Isn’t Impressed With Arianny Celeste’s Job
- UFC 184 Open Workouts: Ronda Rousey Shows Off Slams
- UFC 184 Embedded Episode 3
Jose Aldo vs. Anthony Pettis 145lbs title fight confirmed for August 3rd
That’s right, LowKick’ers. Anthony “Showtime” Pettis will move down to Featherweight for a superfight with Jose Aldo. Pettis texted Dana White about being the next in line for Jose Aldo, and it looks like his wish was granted.
UFC President Dana White has officially confirmed the news via USA Today. The fight between Aldo and Pettis will take place on August 3rd, and is expected to serve as a headliner.
Here’s what Dana White said about the match-up:
“Two of the baddest dudes in the fight business are going to fight at 145 pounds. These guys are two of the most amazing, gravity-defying athletes in the sport. I am so pumped for this fight.” – USA Today
It seems as Pettis decided not to wait for his shot at the UFC Lightweight title. Showtime defeated Donald Cerrone to claim his spot as the number one contender, but former Strikeforce Welterweight champ Gilbert Melendez is the one who will challenge Benson Henderson at UFC on FOX 7.
In addition to his trademark striking, Pettis is probably the most well-rounded fighter Aldo has ever faced inside the UFC Octagon, including Frankie “The Answer” Edgar. More than anything, Pettis’ deep gas tank and relentlessness could pose a serious threat to Jose Aldo‘s reign of terror in the UFC Featherweight division.
Stay tuned to LowKick.com for more.
HT: VFD Marketing