- WSOF 19 Results: Justin Gaethje Defeats Luis Palomino In All-Out War
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
- Anderson Silva Talks Conor McGregor: You Have To Promote The Right Way, With Respect
- Lyoto Machida Believes Luke Rockhold’s Weakness Is Striking
- Brendan Schaub Moves Down To Light Heavyweight For Next Fight
- Dana White Reveals Jose Aldo Went Crazy After McGregor Slapped Him On Back
- TJ Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao II Will Still Happen
- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
Jose Aldo vs. Anthony Pettis 145lbs title fight confirmed for August 3rd
That’s right, LowKick’ers. Anthony “Showtime” Pettis will move down to Featherweight for a superfight with Jose Aldo. Pettis texted Dana White about being the next in line for Jose Aldo, and it looks like his wish was granted.
UFC President Dana White has officially confirmed the news via USA Today. The fight between Aldo and Pettis will take place on August 3rd, and is expected to serve as a headliner.
Here’s what Dana White said about the match-up:
“Two of the baddest dudes in the fight business are going to fight at 145 pounds. These guys are two of the most amazing, gravity-defying athletes in the sport. I am so pumped for this fight.” – USA Today
It seems as Pettis decided not to wait for his shot at the UFC Lightweight title. Showtime defeated Donald Cerrone to claim his spot as the number one contender, but former Strikeforce Welterweight champ Gilbert Melendez is the one who will challenge Benson Henderson at UFC on FOX 7.
In addition to his trademark striking, Pettis is probably the most well-rounded fighter Aldo has ever faced inside the UFC Octagon, including Frankie “The Answer” Edgar. More than anything, Pettis’ deep gas tank and relentlessness could pose a serious threat to Jose Aldo‘s reign of terror in the UFC Featherweight division.
Stay tuned to LowKick.com for more.
HT: VFD Marketing