- Josh Burkman vs. Dong Hyun Kim Added To UFC 187
- Dana White: Georges St- Pierre Doesn’t Want To Fight
- UFC 184 Medical Suspensions: Raquel Pennington Among Six With 180-Day Sits
- Daniel Cormier Believes Anthony Johnson Shouldn’t Play Games With Jon Jones
- Gracie Breakdown – UFC 184 Submissions
- UFC 184: MMA Community Reacts On Twitter
Jose Aldo discusses Frankie Edgar, his motorcycle accident, and a possible move to Lightweight
Yesterday, Karyn Bryant and MMA H.E.A.T. caught up with Jose Aldo in the L.A. area for a revealing interview. The UFC Featherweight champion has been on the shelf nursing a foot injury that he sustained while riding his motorcycle, and that has kept him out of potential title bouts with Erik Koch and Frankie Edgar. Now fully healed, the champion discusses his next blockbuster bout against former Lightweight champion Frankie Edgar scheduled for February at UFC 156. Aldo proclaims that Edgar is a great fighter, and is happy to have a chance to face him. He acknowledges that it is certainly the most high-profile match the UFC could have put together for the 145 lb. strap.
Aldo moved onto a discussion of the 155 lb. division, and said that he felt Benson Henderson fairly defeated Edgar both times they met by doing more damage. Aldo did touch on the possibility of moving up to 155 should he defeat Edgar at UFC 156, but only when he is ready. Aldo noted that there are fights left for him at Featherweight. All in all, a great interview with a great champion.
Stay tuned to LowKick for all UFC 156 news, and be sure to comeback post fight to check out the Aldo vs. Edgar fight video highlights which will be available right here