- Bobby Green Gives Emotional Interview About Fighting Life
- UFC Fight Night 57 Weigh-ins Video & Results
- UFC 181 Free Fight: Georges St. Pierre Squeaks By Johny Hendricks
- Vitor Belfort Passes Random NSAC Drug Test
- Will Weidman vs. Belfort Actually Happen At UFC 184?
- Joe Rogan Calls Ronda Rousey “Once Ever” Fighter
- Bobby Green Thinking About Retiring After UFC Fight Night 57
- It’s Time To Give Fabricio Werdum More Respect
Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira Booked For UFC 169, Frank Mir vs. Alistair Overeem Set To Join
As expected, the Ultimate Fighting Championship announced today that Light Heavyweight champion Jon “Bones” Jones will be facing off against surging Brazilian Glover Teixeira in the main event of UFC 169 from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey.
Jones recently won a unanimous decision over Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 165, a bout that many have already deemed one of the best bouts in MMA history. It was widely believe that Gustafsson would receive an immediate rematch after nearly dethroning “Bones,” but the champion later changed his mind and saw Teixeira as the most worthy contender.
Teixeira knocked Ryan Bader out at UFC Fight Night 28, but he didn’t do it flawlessly. He was caught with some heavy hands from Bader, and he’s going to have to be more elusive if he wants any chance at beating the record-setting champion.
Also announced today was the shifting of the Alistair Overeem vs. Frank Mir bout, which was originally scheduled for UFC 167. The two well known Heavyweights have struggled mightily this year, and the loser will receive his walking papers.
This year’s traditional Super Bowl Weekend card is set to feature a highly anticipated title fight. Is Teixeira the man to take the belt from the dangerous Jones?
Outer Photo: Tom Szczerbowski for USA TODAY Sports