- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
- Andrei Arlovski Would Love A Rematch With Fedor Emeliananko
- Anthony Pettis Believes He Can Take Over As UFC’s Top Star
- Hostilities Rise Between Cyborg and Ronda Rousey Camp
- Anderson Silva Surprised By Drug Test Drama, Talks Rematch With Nick Diaz
- Fedor Emelianenko Reveals That Russian Fighters Won’t Take His Advice
- Kelvin Gastelum, Efrain Escudero Named TUF: Latin America 2 Coaches
- UFC 193 Official In Melbourne
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira Booked For UFC 169, Frank Mir vs. Alistair Overeem Set To Join
As expected, the Ultimate Fighting Championship announced today that Light Heavyweight champion Jon “Bones” Jones will be facing off against surging Brazilian Glover Teixeira in the main event of UFC 169 from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey.
Jones recently won a unanimous decision over Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 165, a bout that many have already deemed one of the best bouts in MMA history. It was widely believe that Gustafsson would receive an immediate rematch after nearly dethroning “Bones,” but the champion later changed his mind and saw Teixeira as the most worthy contender.
Teixeira knocked Ryan Bader out at UFC Fight Night 28, but he didn’t do it flawlessly. He was caught with some heavy hands from Bader, and he’s going to have to be more elusive if he wants any chance at beating the record-setting champion.
Also announced today was the shifting of the Alistair Overeem vs. Frank Mir bout, which was originally scheduled for UFC 167. The two well known Heavyweights have struggled mightily this year, and the loser will receive his walking papers.
This year’s traditional Super Bowl Weekend card is set to feature a highly anticipated title fight. Is Teixeira the man to take the belt from the dangerous Jones?
Outer Photo: Tom Szczerbowski for USA TODAY Sports