- Why Georges St-Pierre Shouldn’t Rush To Return
- ‘Bones’ Knows? Nude Video Of Jon Jones On Snapchat Leaked Online
- Re-Debut: Henry Cejudo vs Dustin Kimura Added To UFC on FOX 13
- Will 2015 Spell The End Of Jon Jones’ Reign?
- Michael Bisping vs Luke Rockhold Counterpunch Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Always Thinking About Jon Jones
- Alexander Gustafsson vs Rashad Evans Rumored For January UFC In Sweden
- UFC 179: Glover Teixeira vs Phil Davis Fight Breakdown
- Poll: Predicting The Outcome Of UFC 179′s Main Event
- Breaking Down The UFC Pound-For-Pound Rankings
Jon Jones vs. Glover Teixeira Booked For UFC 169, Frank Mir vs. Alistair Overeem Set To Join
As expected, the Ultimate Fighting Championship announced today that Light Heavyweight champion Jon “Bones” Jones will be facing off against surging Brazilian Glover Teixeira in the main event of UFC 169 from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey.
Jones recently won a unanimous decision over Alexander Gustafsson at UFC 165, a bout that many have already deemed one of the best bouts in MMA history. It was widely believe that Gustafsson would receive an immediate rematch after nearly dethroning “Bones,” but the champion later changed his mind and saw Teixeira as the most worthy contender.
Teixeira knocked Ryan Bader out at UFC Fight Night 28, but he didn’t do it flawlessly. He was caught with some heavy hands from Bader, and he’s going to have to be more elusive if he wants any chance at beating the record-setting champion.
Also announced today was the shifting of the Alistair Overeem vs. Frank Mir bout, which was originally scheduled for UFC 167. The two well known Heavyweights have struggled mightily this year, and the loser will receive his walking papers.
This year’s traditional Super Bowl Weekend card is set to feature a highly anticipated title fight. Is Teixeira the man to take the belt from the dangerous Jones?
Outer Photo: Tom Szczerbowski for USA TODAY Sports