- UFC 184 Preliminary Card Results
- Ronda Rousey’s Coach: Zingano Is A Desperate Fighter
- Cyborg Headlines July 10 Invicta FC Event From Las Vegas
- UFC: Welcome To The Show Press Conference
- Ronda Rousey Claims To Be The GOAT, Pennington Slams Holm
- UFC 184 Embedded Episode 5
- Invicta FC 11 Results: Cyborg Destroys Tweet In The First
- Dan Henderson vs. Tim Boetsch, Matt Mitrione vs. Ben Rothwell Added To UFC Fight Night 68
- Pay-Per-View Money Will Reportedly Push Ronda Rousey’s UFC 184 Payday Past $1 Million
- UFC 184 Weigh-Ins Results: Rousey & Zingano On Point
Jon Jones Targets Chuck Liddell And Phil Davis In The Wake Of UFC 172
UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones is not only known for being a phenomenal athlete and fighter, the youngest ever champion of the promotion has also been recognized as a pretty top notch troll. Beefs with Rashad Evans, Rampage Jackson, Chael Sonnen, Daniel Cormier and Alexander Gustafsson have bought out ‘Bones’’ trash-talking alter ego.
Most recently, a semi-feud between Jones and legendary UFC hall-of-famer Chuck Liddell has broken out; ‘The Iceman’ claimed he would have ‘Knocked Jones out’ in an interview prior to UFC 172, and now Jones seems to have fired back. The top picture was posted with the tagline “talking all that trash before the fight, you mad bro?”, and was taken in the moments after Glover Teixeira’s loss.
Jones also went on to get back at his current enemy Phil Davis, who talked a bucket of trash before his fight with Anthony Johnson at 172, and failed to impress in his lopsided decision loss:
(The video came with the tag: ‘Crumble me like a cookie?’)
So much for not stooping to Davis’ level, ay Jon? The tag of ‘heel’ is certainly appealing to Jones, and he seems to fit the bill very well. Obviously beef sells tickets, maybe even of the wolf variety (?), but is there an element of reality to Jon’s jeers? Counter to that, is this actually the real Jones?
In a world where the villain is king, where do you draw the line? Realistically, Liddell will not come out of retirement to fight again, and Davis was just jolted from the title picture, so Jones’ trolling of both men is either for personal satisfaction or to build attention.