- Ray Longo Doesn’t Want To See Chris Weidman vs. Anderson Silva Again
- UFC 183 Weigh-Ins Video & Results
- UFC 183 LowKick MMA Staff Predictions
- Contradiction! Anderson Silva May Not Get Title Shot If He Beats Nick Diaz
- UFC 183 Embedded Episode 3
- UFC 183 Pre-Fight Staredowns: Anderson Silva & Nick Diaz Face Off
- Is Nick Diaz Fighting Anderson Silva Strictly For The Paycheck?
Jon Jones Posts Video Getting Stitches For Nasty Cut Over Left Eye
UFC light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones will face surging contender and ex-heavyweight wrecking machine Daniel Cormier at UFC 178, in a highly anticipated title clash. The fuel for the fight is an ongoing beef between the two, and the chatter is that DC may be too fast and strong for the champion to deal with. It looks like ‘Bones’ may have yet another challenge to contend with though.
Posted to his Instagram account today, is a video of the light-heavyweight kingpin receiving stitches over his left eye. The cut doesn’t look too savoury, so the more squeamish among you may not want to click the play button.
Although not a career threatening injury by any means, the gash above Jones’ eye could play in to Cormier’s game plan. Scar tissue cuts a lot easier than undamaged skin, and an early wound at UFC 178 could be a game changer to say the least.
Light-heavyweight contender Alexander Gustafsson was bumped from his fight with Gegard Mousasi after a nasty eye injury, although it was a lot closer to the night than Jones is to UFC 178. As the doctor in the video says, Jones will be beautiful again in a week, but will this mean a week of sparring lost in the lead up to an already tough match up?
Image courtesy of USA Today Sports