- Invicta FC 12: Kankaanpaa vs. Souza Results
- Noncommittal About Return, Georges St. Pierre ‘Taking It Slow’ In Training
- UFC 186 Weigh-In Results: Title Fight Official In Canada
- UFC 186 LowKick Predictions
- ONE Championship 26 Results: Askren vs. Santos Ends In No Contest Following Eyepoke
- UFC 186: Georges St-Pierre And Rory MacDonald Q&A
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 2
- ‘Grown Up’ Rampage Thinks If Anyone Can Knock Out Maldonado, It’s Him
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
Jon Jones challenges Sonnen’s heart: He’s just weak in every way, shape, or form
Although they were rather polite and cordial on this season of TUF, there’s no doubt that both fighters are looking towards the horizon and beginning to put some mental fuel in the tank if you will.
“The beautiful thing about Chael is that he uses his words. That’s about all he has. He’s just a gang of quotes that no one is going to remember. He’s just weak in every way, shape, or form. He taps before submissions are even sunk in. If I put one hand around his throat, he’s probably gonna tap.”
Many comparisons tend to be made between that of Sonnen and boxing legend Muhammad Ali, simply for their witty articulation and gift for gab.
Being an admirer of Ali, his accomplishments and principles as a fighter, Jones doesn’t feel they should be lumped into the same category and even points out what he beleives to be the big difference between the two:
“Guys like Muhammad Ali, they said a lot of things that were bold statements. The difference between guys like Muhammad Ali and Chael is that guys like Muhammad Ali actually believe. No matter how much he tries to convince himself that he’s gonna win this fight or that he’s the champion without the belt; he just doesn’t believe and that’s why he comes up short in every opportunity he has to be a champion. He doesn’t have a champion’s soul, heart, work ethic. Nothing.”
Jones went on to complete the interview concluding with bold statements of his very own:
“He’s not a champion. He’s not made out of championship stuff. He just wants that spotlight. He wants that opportunity. He wants that big fight, and I’m gonna give him what he wants. I will defeat Chael Sonnen in an extremely devastating fashion.”
takes place this April 27 from the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey.