- WSOF 19 Results: Justin Gaethje Defeats Luis Palomino In All-Out War
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
- Anderson Silva Talks Conor McGregor: You Have To Promote The Right Way, With Respect
- Lyoto Machida Believes Luke Rockhold’s Weakness Is Striking
- Brendan Schaub Moves Down To Light Heavyweight For Next Fight
- Dana White Reveals Jose Aldo Went Crazy After McGregor Slapped Him On Back
- TJ Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao II Will Still Happen
- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
Jon Jones accuses Chael Sonnen of using steroids throughout his entire career
You wanted some more beef and here it comes. Jones may have said that he won’t play the hype game and that he’d rather let Chael handle it all on his own, but that didn’t seem to last.
On Tuesday’s episode of UFC tonight, Jones had the following to say regarding his opponent:
People know that Chael Sonnen has done steroids throughout his whole career and that’s probably why his testosterone is low now. I don’t think that is the heart or the attitude of a champion, so that’s what I meant when I said he lacks champion’s soul.
As far as any fear or issues the challenger poses to the champion, Jones had the following to say:
I’m really not concerned with too many of Chael’s gifts. Chael is an awesome fighter, he has pretty good boxing, he loves wrestling and he’s been really successful with his wrestling. He has really good ground-and-pound. I’ve just familiarized myself with the whole thing and I’m really comfortable with what I’m getting ready to face. I wouldn’t say any of it really concerns me. I’m just ready to go out there, react, be instinctual, do my best and try to do what I do.
Bring your best. I hope you’re having a great camp and I hope you’re healthy and I’m excited for this awesome challenge.
Now is it just me, or are these exchanges beginning to seem forced and unnatural?
I’m all for hype and bad blood, but after all the respect and class shown between the two over the duration of TUF 17, I just can’t buy into any of the hype they’re trying to sell me.
I think the fans that want to see this fight, already plan on watching it, this isn’t a fight that requires any amount of convincing really, but forget what I think.
What do you think Lowkickers? Does the hype and trash talk feel forced? Are you getting as bored with it as I am?