- Dana White Not Optimistic About GSP Return: He Hasn’t Been Hungry For A Long Time
- Surprise! Aldo & McGregor Hurl PED Accusations At One Another
- CABMMA Changes Drew Dober Loss To No Contest
- Henry Cejudo Added To June’s UFC 188 From Mexico, Chico Camus Rumored Opponent
- UFC 189 World Tour Heats Up In Boston: Dana White Forced To Intervene
- Nick Diaz Hires Professionals To Investigate UFC 183 Drug Test
Jon Fitch Vs. Josh Burkman set for June WSOF event *UPDATED*
Josh Burkman faced Aaron Simpson last night at WSOF II and scored an impressive knockout over the UFC veteran. With the victory Burkman moved to 25-9 in MMA and one step closer to competing for the WSOF welterweight title.
WSOF president Ray Sefo has announced that Burkman will face Jon Fitch at WSOF 3 in June this year. The former number one UFC welterweight contender will be making his WSOF debut. Although it is unclear, as of yet, whether the two will be fighting for the promotion’s welterweight crown.
The news of the match up is not good for everyone concerned, it would appear, as Burkman told MMAJunkie
“I think he should come into the organization and win (a non-title fight), and then they need to put me in against the winner of that, which I think it’ll be Jon Fitch. I think either one of us will represent this organization well as a titleholder.”
“I’m going to talk to them about it. I think I deserve a title shot. I beat Harris, I beat Simpson, and those are two of the best guys outside of the UFC. I think Jon Fitch needs to earn his title shot and then we can talk about it.”
I personally can’t think of a better candidate for the welterweight title shot other than Fitch. He has competed at the top level in MMA for most of his career. He faced Georges St-Pierre, arguably one of the best martial artists on the planet, as well as many other top fighters.
— Ray Sefo (@SugarRaySefo) March 25, 2013