- UFC 184 Prelims Results
- Rousey’s Coach: Zingano Is A Desperate Fighter
- Cyborg Headlines July 10 Invicta FC Event From Las Vegas
- UFC: Welcome To The Show Press Conference
- Ronda Rousey Claims To Be The GOAT, Pennington Slams Holm
- UFC 184 Embedded Episode 5
- Invicta FC 11 Results: Cyborg Destroys Tweet In The First
- Dan Henderson vs. Tim Boetsch, Matt Mitrione vs. Ben Rothwell Added To UFC Fight Night 68
- Pay-Per-View Money Will Reportedly Push Ronda Rousey’s UFC 184 Payday Past $1 Million
- UFC 184 Weigh-Ins Results: Rousey & Zingano On Point
Jon Fitch Vs. Josh Burkman set for June WSOF event *UPDATED*
Josh Burkman faced Aaron Simpson last night at WSOF II and scored an impressive knockout over the UFC veteran. With the victory Burkman moved to 25-9 in MMA and one step closer to competing for the WSOF welterweight title.
WSOF president Ray Sefo has announced that Burkman will face Jon Fitch at WSOF 3 in June this year. The former number one UFC welterweight contender will be making his WSOF debut. Although it is unclear, as of yet, whether the two will be fighting for the promotion’s welterweight crown.
The news of the match up is not good for everyone concerned, it would appear, as Burkman told MMAJunkie
“I think he should come into the organization and win (a non-title fight), and then they need to put me in against the winner of that, which I think it’ll be Jon Fitch. I think either one of us will represent this organization well as a titleholder.”
“I’m going to talk to them about it. I think I deserve a title shot. I beat Harris, I beat Simpson, and those are two of the best guys outside of the UFC. I think Jon Fitch needs to earn his title shot and then we can talk about it.”
I personally can’t think of a better candidate for the welterweight title shot other than Fitch. He has competed at the top level in MMA for most of his career. He faced Georges St-Pierre, arguably one of the best martial artists on the planet, as well as many other top fighters.
— Ray Sefo (@SugarRaySefo) March 25, 2013