- Bellator 130 Results & Highlights: Emanuel Newton Retains Title With Late Finish
- Cung Le Wants Apology For Bungled UFC Drug Test
- UFC 179 LowKick MMA Staff (+1) Predictions
- Quote: Jose Aldo vs Anthony Pettis Could Still Happen
- Conor McGregor vs Dennis Siver Headlines UFC Fight Night 59
- UFC 179 Weigh-Ins Results: Aldo vs Mendes 2 Official
- Jacare Souza & Yoel Romero (Kinda) Agree To Fight In 2015
- UFC 179 Conor McGregor Q&A Video
- UFC 179 Embedded: Episode 3
Jon Jones: 2013 or 2014 "would be cool" for Heavyweight debut
Reigning UFC Light Heavyweight champion revealed in an interview on Fuel TV about his intentions to to move up in weight classes. According to Jones 2013 or 2014 “would be cool” for Heavyweight debut, with sights on repeating, and perhaps surpassing Randy Couture‘s historical achievement:
“I’ve put thought into it and, like I said, not to be cliché, but Dan Henderson is my main priority and focus, but I have a lot of years left in fighting. Coming up to heavyweight is something I’d like to do maybe in the next two or three years. 2013 or 2014; it would be cool.”
Jon Jones has a very difficult task ahead of him in Dan Henderson. Hendo is currently at the prime time of his Mixed Martial Arts career, with consecutive victories against Fedor Emelianenko, Feijao Cavalcante, Renato Sobral, and Mauricio Rua.
If victorious against Dan Henderson, Jon Jones will find himself in a rematch with Lyoto “The Dragon” Machida. Number two contender for the UFC Light Heavyweight title will be determined in the highly-promising encounter between Mauricio Rua and Alexander Gustafsson.