- Michelle Waterson Officially Signs With The UFC
- New Mexico Hit-And-Run Victim Speaks, Pic Of Smashed Car Released
- Anthony Johnson: ‘I’ll Wait A Year Like Vitor If I Have To’
- Jon Jones Turns Himself Into Police Custody, Makes $2,500 Bail
- Albuquerque Police Issue Felony Warrant For Jon Jones
- Poll: How Should The UFC Punish Jon Jones?
- Read The Official Police Report From Jon Jones’ Hit-And-Run
- Tim Kennedy: ‘Karate Is Dead, Rockhold Destroyed Machida Effortlessly’
- Jon Jones Update: Police Found Marijuana, Pipe After ‘Bones’ Fled Scene
- Rafael Dos Anjos Wants Fight With ‘Disrespectful’ Conor McGregor
Jon Jones: 2013 or 2014 "would be cool" for Heavyweight debut
Reigning UFC Light Heavyweight champion revealed in an interview on Fuel TV about his intentions to to move up in weight classes. According to Jones 2013 or 2014 “would be cool” for Heavyweight debut, with sights on repeating, and perhaps surpassing Randy Couture‘s historical achievement:
“I’ve put thought into it and, like I said, not to be cliché, but Dan Henderson is my main priority and focus, but I have a lot of years left in fighting. Coming up to heavyweight is something I’d like to do maybe in the next two or three years. 2013 or 2014; it would be cool.”
Jon Jones has a very difficult task ahead of him in Dan Henderson. Hendo is currently at the prime time of his Mixed Martial Arts career, with consecutive victories against Fedor Emelianenko, Feijao Cavalcante, Renato Sobral, and Mauricio Rua.
If victorious against Dan Henderson, Jon Jones will find himself in a rematch with Lyoto “The Dragon” Machida. Number two contender for the UFC Light Heavyweight title will be determined in the highly-promising encounter between Mauricio Rua and Alexander Gustafsson.