- Josh Thomson Forced Out Of UFC Fight Night 62
- Quote: I Would Crush Brock Lesnar, He Won’t Have Time To Scream
- Kimbo Slice Returns Against Ken Shamrock On June 20
- Ronda Rousey Tells Cyborg To ‘Stop Taking F–king Steroids,’ Isn’t Impressed With Arianny Celeste’s Job
- UFC 184 Open Workouts: Ronda Rousey Shows Off Slams
- UFC 184 Embedded Episode 3
Jon Jones: 2013 or 2014 "would be cool" for Heavyweight debut
Reigning UFC Light Heavyweight champion revealed in an interview on Fuel TV about his intentions to to move up in weight classes. According to Jones 2013 or 2014 “would be cool” for Heavyweight debut, with sights on repeating, and perhaps surpassing Randy Couture‘s historical achievement:
“I’ve put thought into it and, like I said, not to be cliché, but Dan Henderson is my main priority and focus, but I have a lot of years left in fighting. Coming up to heavyweight is something I’d like to do maybe in the next two or three years. 2013 or 2014; it would be cool.”
Jon Jones has a very difficult task ahead of him in Dan Henderson. Hendo is currently at the prime time of his Mixed Martial Arts career, with consecutive victories against Fedor Emelianenko, Feijao Cavalcante, Renato Sobral, and Mauricio Rua.
If victorious against Dan Henderson, Jon Jones will find himself in a rematch with Lyoto “The Dragon” Machida. Number two contender for the UFC Light Heavyweight title will be determined in the highly-promising encounter between Mauricio Rua and Alexander Gustafsson.