- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 186 Main Card Live Results: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Scores Latest Finish In UFC History
Jon Jones: 2013 or 2014 "would be cool" for Heavyweight debut
Reigning UFC Light Heavyweight champion revealed in an interview on Fuel TV about his intentions to to move up in weight classes. According to Jones 2013 or 2014 “would be cool” for Heavyweight debut, with sights on repeating, and perhaps surpassing Randy Couture‘s historical achievement:
“I’ve put thought into it and, like I said, not to be cliché, but Dan Henderson is my main priority and focus, but I have a lot of years left in fighting. Coming up to heavyweight is something I’d like to do maybe in the next two or three years. 2013 or 2014; it would be cool.”
Jon Jones has a very difficult task ahead of him in Dan Henderson. Hendo is currently at the prime time of his Mixed Martial Arts career, with consecutive victories against Fedor Emelianenko, Feijao Cavalcante, Renato Sobral, and Mauricio Rua.
If victorious against Dan Henderson, Jon Jones will find himself in a rematch with Lyoto “The Dragon” Machida. Number two contender for the UFC Light Heavyweight title will be determined in the highly-promising encounter between Mauricio Rua and Alexander Gustafsson.