- After UFC Fight Night 58 Win, Renan Barao Wants To Bring Belt Back To Brazil
- Luke Rockhold Calls Out Lyoto Machida After UFC Fight Night 58
- Scott Coker Pulls Contract Card On Dana White Over Rampage
- UFC Fight Night 58: Renan Barao vs. Mitch Gagnon Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 58: Lyoto Machida vs. CB Dollaway Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 58 Post-Fight Bonuses: Four Earn “Performance of The Night” in Brazil
- UFC Fight Night 58 Post-Fight Press Conference
- *UPDATE* Rampage Jackson Will Return To UFC Despite Bellator Contract
- UFC Fight Night 58 Main Card Results: Machida Finishes Dollaway, Barao Submits Gagnon
- UFC Fight Night 58 Prelims Results
Johny Hendricks Suffers 2nd Degree Burn Filming UFC 167 Commercial
UFC welterweight contender Johny Hendricks has sustained a second degree burn to his back and shoulders, while filming a commercial for November 16th’s upcoming UFC 167 card.
Before fans go pushing any panic buttons, apparently Johny is okay and the net result of the event is that “Bigg Rigg” (only) missed two days of training and only required a prescription ointment to help with the healing. As such, Hendricks was fully mended within a week.
As the incident happened last month and Johny is fully healed now, the mishap should play no role in his welterweight title shot with division champion, Georges St. Pierre.
As to how it happened, apparently the lights that were being used for the shoot were too close to Bigg Rigg’s back, and as such, he sustained the burns.
At looking at the picture of his back, one has to wonder just how close the lights actually were and did not someone notice or Johny feel, that they were burning him.
Either way, it looks like fans may have dodged a bullet on this one, even if it was a minor one, and that next time the UFC does a shoot like this, they’ll endeavour to make sure the fighters aren’t being burned by the lights.
Picture of Bigg Rigg’s back courtesy of his manager, Ted Ehrhardt