- UFC 183: Iaquinta vs. Lauzon, Woodley vs. Gastelum Highlights
- Nick Diaz: I Was Injured Before UFC 183, Couldn’t Throw Punches
- Anderson Silva Will ‘Talk Serious’ With His Family About Fighting Future
- Quote: Vitor Belfort Turned Down Interim Title Bout With Lyoto Machida
- UFC 183: Thiago Alves vs. Jordan Mein Highlights
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Highlights
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Bonuses: Thiago Alves Pockets $50,000
- Poll: Where Does Anderson Silva Go From Here?
- Benson Henderson To Make Welterweight Debut, Faces Brandon Thatch At UFC Fight Night 60
- UFC 183: Miesha Tate vs. Sara McMann Highlights And Post-Fight Interview
Johny Hendricks Suffers 2nd Degree Burn Filming UFC 167 Commercial
UFC welterweight contender Johny Hendricks has sustained a second degree burn to his back and shoulders, while filming a commercial for November 16th’s upcoming UFC 167 card.
Before fans go pushing any panic buttons, apparently Johny is okay and the net result of the event is that “Bigg Rigg” (only) missed two days of training and only required a prescription ointment to help with the healing. As such, Hendricks was fully mended within a week.
As the incident happened last month and Johny is fully healed now, the mishap should play no role in his welterweight title shot with division champion, Georges St. Pierre.
As to how it happened, apparently the lights that were being used for the shoot were too close to Bigg Rigg’s back, and as such, he sustained the burns.
At looking at the picture of his back, one has to wonder just how close the lights actually were and did not someone notice or Johny feel, that they were burning him.
Either way, it looks like fans may have dodged a bullet on this one, even if it was a minor one, and that next time the UFC does a shoot like this, they’ll endeavour to make sure the fighters aren’t being burned by the lights.
Picture of Bigg Rigg’s back courtesy of his manager, Ted Ehrhardt