- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 186 Main Card Live Results: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Scores Latest Finish In UFC History
- Top Five ‘Rampage’ Knockouts Of All-Time
- UFC 186 Preliminary Card Results: Patrick Cote Outlasts Joe Riggs
- ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs Soa Palelei Added To UFC 190 In August
- Three Reasons To Watch UFC 186
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 3
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Johny Hendricks: I’m Not Scared Of GSP, I Don’t Care About His Wrestling
UFC welterweight title contender Johny Hendricks has been making waves throughout the 170-pound arena for some time now. He owns knockouts over divisional stalwarts like on Fitch and Martin Kampmann, and he most recently edged out the ultra-tough Carlos Condit via decision.
Many believe the title shot that he will get at November 16’s UFC 167 in Las Vegas is long overdue, and that Hendricks is indeed the man to finally pull Georges St. Pierre off his lofty perch. Hendricks appears ultimately confident heading into the fight, clarifying his intentions in a UFC interview:
“I’m not scared of him, I’m not scared of his wrestling, I don’t care about his jab. I know what he’s gonna do. You know, it’s mine for the taking. I just have to take it. GSP’s been a great champion; he’s done a lot for the sport. I just been saying it’s time for somebody new. I wanna be the person that changes the UFC 170.”
Hendricks has some of the best knockout power in all of MMA, and he’ll look to test GSP’s chin early and often when the two lock horns. Is that going to be enough to dethrone the longtime champ? Who is your pick to emerge from the MGM Grand Garden Arena with the title?
Outer Photo: Eric Bolte for USA TODAY Sports