- UFC Fight Night 57 Super Slo-Mo Highlights
- Matt Brown: What The F–k Has Conor Done Compared To Frankie?
- “Rumble” Thinks Alexander Gustafsson Is As Dangerous As Jon Jones
- Ratings! UFC Fight Night 57 Peaks At Over 1 Million Viewers
- Joe Lauzon vs. Al Iaquinta Added To UFC 183
- Renan Barao Challenges T.J. Dillashaw To Fight Him In Brazil
- Vitor Belfort Says He’s Actually Better Without TRT
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
Johny Hendricks: I Cannot Wait To Get Into That Octagon Again
UFC welterweight champion Johny Hendricks is eager to get back inside the Octagon now that his injured bicep has been repaired and he’s looking forward to facing whoever wins this months title eliminator between Robbie Lawler and Matt Brown. However, he would like to test himself against Lawler again now that he’s healthy:
“I’ll throw with whoever’s the No. 1 contender.” Hendricks said in a recent interview with MMA Fight Corner. “I’ll fight them. I’m not going to run away from that, but there’s a part of me that wants to see how I can do against Robbie Lawler, healthy. Then again, there’s the part of me that wants to sort of train for Matt Brown or Rory MacDonald or whoever else is out there.”
Hendricks has been recovering from surgery on his right bicep for an injury which he sustained training to fight Lawler in March. He has now been given the green light to start training again and is looking forward to defending his title for the first time but in some ways he already feels like he’s done that.
“There’s a sense of me that I sort of felt like Robbie Lawler was my title defense because of the Georges St-Pierre fight,” Hendricks said. “That’s the way I’m looking at it. It’s not technically my title defense but I’ve got the same mindset.”
Checkout the champs full interview below where he discusses his return, GSP and potentially fighting Rory MacDonald. Video courtesy of MMA Fight Corner’s official YouTube page: