- Dustin Poirier Returning To Lightweight In 2015
- CM Punk Targeting Late 2015 UFC Debut
- Rashad Evans vs. Glover Teixeira Reportedly Agreed Upon For UFC Fight Night 60 In Brazil
- UFC Fight Night 58: Lyoto Machida vs CB Dollaway Breakdown
- Michael Bisping Disagrees With “Butthurt” Fighters Behind UFC Lawsuit
- Jon Jones ‘Offended’ The UFC Showed Death Threat Video
- Daniel Cormier: I’m Looking To Rid MMA Of Jon Jones
- Rory MacDonald Informed He Won’t Fight For Title, Will Just ‘Light Up’ Whoever’s Next
Joe Lauzon vs. Michael Johnson Booked For UFC on Fox Sports 1 In Boston
The first UFC on Fox Sports 1 event is starting to take shape, with Thiago Alves vs. Matt Brown already confirmed, news broke today confirming that TUF 12 allum Michael Johnson will square off against the always tough Joe Lauzon. Lauzon, a Massachusetts native, will be looking to rebound after his FOTN earning, decision loss to Jim Miller.
Johnson will most likely be fighting for his stay in the UFC, coming off of two straight losses to Myles Jury and Reza Madadi. The event, which will take place August 17th from TD Gardens, is yet to have a headlining bout. The way things are shaping up, this could be one hell of a stacked card-especially with rumours of Jon Jones making his return circulating.
Lauzon is one hell of a tough guy, as is Johnson, and I think this one has fight of the night written all over it.It is well known that Dana White wants to put on a great show for the Boston MMA fans, since the tragic bombings earlier in the year the UFC president has shown a great interest in supporting Bostons natives.
Also rumored to be making an appearance on the card is Irish sensation Conor McGregor, although that is yet to be confirmed. I will keep you posted as and when the news comes in. Stay tuned to Lowkick!