- TJ Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao II Will Still Happen
- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
- Conor McGregor: Everything I Touch Turns To Gold
- Anderson Silva Says Another Title Run Possible If He Has The Opportunity
- Claudia Gadelha Injured, Out Of UFC Fight Night 64
- Ricardo Lamas: Conor McGregor Doesn’t Like It When The Tables Are Turned
- Cyborg’s Attempt To Make Bantamweight Back On For Next Fight
- Dana White Not Optimistic About GSP Return: He Hasn’t Been Hungry For A Long Time
- CABMMA Changes Drew Dober Loss To No Contest
Joe Lauzon vs. Michael Johnson Booked For UFC on Fox Sports 1 In Boston
The first UFC on Fox Sports 1 event is starting to take shape, with Thiago Alves vs. Matt Brown already confirmed, news broke today confirming that TUF 12 allum Michael Johnson will square off against the always tough Joe Lauzon. Lauzon, a Massachusetts native, will be looking to rebound after his FOTN earning, decision loss to Jim Miller.
Johnson will most likely be fighting for his stay in the UFC, coming off of two straight losses to Myles Jury and Reza Madadi. The event, which will take place August 17th from TD Gardens, is yet to have a headlining bout. The way things are shaping up, this could be one hell of a stacked card-especially with rumours of Jon Jones making his return circulating.
Lauzon is one hell of a tough guy, as is Johnson, and I think this one has fight of the night written all over it.It is well known that Dana White wants to put on a great show for the Boston MMA fans, since the tragic bombings earlier in the year the UFC president has shown a great interest in supporting Bostons natives.
Also rumored to be making an appearance on the card is Irish sensation Conor McGregor, although that is yet to be confirmed. I will keep you posted as and when the news comes in. Stay tuned to Lowkick!