- Urijah Faber Plans To Shake Up Featherweight By Defeating Frankie Edgar
- Rafael Dos Anjos: I Go In The Octagon To Kill A Guy
- Tyron Woodley Would Return To Meet Johny Hendricks At UFC 189
- Floyd Mayweather Vacates Titles: ‘It’s Time For Other Fighters’
- Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Scorecard & Punch Statistics
- Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Highlights
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Joe Lauzon vs. Mac Danzig Added To UFC on FOX 9
The hits just keep on coming for the UFC, as it was announced that exciting Lightweight combatants Joe Lauzon and Mac Danzig will take to the Octagon at December 14’s UFC on FOX 9. The UFC tweeted the news last night:
It’s going to be sink or swim time for both fighters, because each is 0-2 in their last couple of bouts and will look to avoid the dreaded three-fight losing streak. Both fighters are longtime UFC participants, and have made a name for themselves by putting on rousing battles to earn several Fight Night Bonuses.
Lauzon holds the record with 12 total, while Danzig himself has four. However, their last efforts were quite the opposite, as Lauzon was battered en route to a lopsided decision loss to Michael Johnson at UFC Fight Night 26, while Danzig got knocked out by Melvin Guillard at UFC on FOX 8. Lauzon’s fight was particularly puzzling, as he showed none of the trademark fire that has defined him throughout his UFC career.
Both fighters have a chance to write the wrongs of their recent bouts. While Danzig and Lauzon may ever find themselves fighting for the UFC Lightweight belt, they can still bring it and give the fans a hard-hitting contest. It’s unlikely the loser will be cut, but it’s not out of the question.
Their match will join the Anthony Pettis vs. Josh Thomson Lightweight title fight and the Urijah Faber vs. Michael McDonald Bantamweight co-main. Stay tuned to Lowkick for more on the developing event from Sacramento!