- UFC 178: Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier Highlights
- UFC 178: Demetrious Johnson vs Chris Cariaso Highlights
- UFC 178 Post-Fight Bonuses: Cruz, McGregor Bank $50,000
- Tim Kennedy Will Appeal UFC 178 Loss To Yoel Romero
- UFC 178: Watch Dominick Cruz Destroy Takeya Mizugaki To Earn Next Title Shot
- UFC 178 Prelims Results: Dominick Cruz Dominates Takeya Mizugaki
- UFC 178 Main Card Results: McGregor Scores First Round Finish
Joe Lauzon: I Heard Mac Danzig’s Arm Pop In The First Round
Joe Lauzon got back in the win column last night taking home a unanimous decision win over TUF season 6 winner Mac Danzig, in what turned out to be a great fight. The win snapped a two-fight skid for “J-Lau” and was his tenth win inside the Octagon.
Danzig was the heavy underdog coming in but was more than game. Despite having his nose rearranged and getting bust up open, Danzig still came forward. The loss puts him on a three fight losing streak and he’s now 3-8 in his last eleven fights. It’s likely he will be receiving a pink slip from his employer.
In the first round, of what turned out to be a gritty, back and forth fight, Lauzon had Danzig in a tight armbar. Danzig looked finished but managed to escape from the submission. When asked post fight by Ariel Helwani, if he was surprised Danzig escape from the armbar. “J-Lau” had this to say to MMAFighting.com:
“Yeah, I though in the first one it was done, I think his arm popped really good. He was wiggling out.. I thought he was done for sure. He just toughed it out.”
When Helwani asked if he heard his arm pop, Lauzon said it popped more than once.
“Oh yeah, yeah. His arm popped a couple of times. I felt like after that he wasn’t using it as much. He threw a lot of left hooks, which he normally does. But I felt like he never used his right arm as much. His right hand. I defiantly feel like it had an effect.”
If that’s true, then it makes Danzig’s performance that much more impressive. If his arm did pop then it’s more than likely some real damage has been done. It’s likely that he could be out for a while.