- Anderson Silva Surprised By Drug Test Drama, Talks Rematch With Nick Diaz
- Fedor Emelianenko Reveals That Russian Fighters Won’t Take His Advice
- Kelvin Gastelum, Efrain Escudero Named TUF: Latin America 2 Coaches
- UFC 193 Official In Melbourne
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
Jay Hieron returns to the UFC, will face Jake Ellenberger at UFC 151
Jay Hieron will replace the injured Josh Koscheck, facing Jake Ellenberger on the main card of UFC 151: Jones vs. Henderson in Las Vegas, Nevada. Thirty-six year old New Yorker is currently 23-5 in his Mixed Martial Arts career, with victories in Bellator, Strikeforce, and Affliction. Hieron has six KO/TKO and seven submission victories on his record, promising an exciting bout with Jake Ellenberger.
In his 4 appearances for Bellator, Hieron won the Season 4 Welterweight tournament, defeating Anthony Lapsley, Brent Weedman, and Rick Hawn. “The Thoroughbred” as unable to counter Ben Askren‘s wrestling at Bellator 56, losing 47-48, 48-47, 48-47 on judges’ scorecards. The “L” snapped Hieron’s 10-fight win streak.
UFC 151 will present a stacked line-up, co-headlined by the Featherweight encounter between Dennis Siver and Eddie Yagon. Hieron vs. Ellenberger is expected to fit in one of the top positions on the main card.
Stay tuned to LowKick.com.