- UFC 184 Highlights: Watch Ronda Rousey Destroy Cat Zingano With Record-Setting Finish
- UFC 184 Post-Fight Bonuses: Ronda Rousey Headlines Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 184 Main Card Live Results: Ronda Rousey Scores Fastest UFC Title Fight Finish In History
- UFC ‘Welcome To The Show’ Press Conference: ATT vs. Blackzilians TUF Announced
- Video: Jon Jones & Anthony Johnson Prank Dana White With Fake Brawl
- UFC 184 Preliminary Card Results: Carneiro Wrecks Munoz
Jason “The Athlete” Mcdonald officially retires
There goes another Canadian fighter. After a solid career in the UFC led to consecutively recent injuries and losses, Jason McDonald has decided to hang up the leather for good.
Sportsnet.ca first reported the news on Thursday. MMA Fighting recently had a word with McDonald regarding the decision to which he stated:
“I’ve had a great MMA career. I have traveled, met great people and have done things I would have never Dreamed of through MMA. It’s been an honor to be with the UFC over the years, but it’s now time to move on. I’m getting older, my four kids are growing up fast. I’m going to focus on my family and my CrossFit gym.”
MacDonald’s last two fights were losses where he was finished by both Tom Lawlor and Alan Belcher consecutively. His last win against Ryan Jensen came via Triangle Choke in Toronto in front of 65,000+ at The Rogers Centre for UFC 129 in 2011.
McDonald retires with a record of 25-16 going 6-8 in the UFC.
Lowkick.com wishes Jason all the best in his future endeavors.