- Luke Rockhold Promises To Choke Chris Weidman At Madison Garden
- UFC on FOX 15: Paige VanZant vs. Felice Herrig Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC on FOX 15: Luke Rockhold vs. Lyoto Machida Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC on FOX 15 Bonuses: Rockhold, Holloway Bank $50,000
- UFC on FOX 15 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC on FOX 15 Main Card Results: Luke Rockhold Batters, Submits Lyoto Machida
- UFC on FOX 15 Preliminary Card Results: Dariush Dominates Miller
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Jason “The Athlete” Mcdonald officially retires
There goes another Canadian fighter. After a solid career in the UFC led to consecutively recent injuries and losses, Jason McDonald has decided to hang up the leather for good.
Sportsnet.ca first reported the news on Thursday. MMA Fighting recently had a word with McDonald regarding the decision to which he stated:
“I’ve had a great MMA career. I have traveled, met great people and have done things I would have never Dreamed of through MMA. It’s been an honor to be with the UFC over the years, but it’s now time to move on. I’m getting older, my four kids are growing up fast. I’m going to focus on my family and my CrossFit gym.”
MacDonald’s last two fights were losses where he was finished by both Tom Lawlor and Alan Belcher consecutively. His last win against Ryan Jensen came via Triangle Choke in Toronto in front of 65,000+ at The Rogers Centre for UFC 129 in 2011.
McDonald retires with a record of 25-16 going 6-8 in the UFC.
Lowkick.com wishes Jason all the best in his future endeavors.