- Ronda Rousey vs Cat Zingano Confirmed For UFC 182
- Joe Lauzon Reportedly Out Of UFC 180 Bout Against Diego Sanchez
- Paulo Thiago Released By UFC Following Three Straight Losses
- Mark Hunt Needs To Cut 37 Pounds For UFC 180
- Jose Aldo Still Feels Devalued By The UFC, Wants More Money
- Poll: Who Wins The UFC 180 Main Event?
Jake Ellenberger Talks Rory MacDonald, New Training, Title Shot
It’s fight week, and MMA H.E.A.T. met up with welterweight contender Jake Ellenberger at the Reign Training Center. He talks about some new training that he’s been doing for the fight, focusing on speed and agility drills.
Ellenberger also addresses his twitter beef with MacDonald, stating his repeated belief that the media has created his opponent due to his status as GSP’s training partner. ‘The Juggernaut’ thinks that his MacDonald’s level of competition has been lacking.
Either way, the title shot is obviously Ellenberger’s ultimate goal, and he will be knocking on the door should he get past the tough test of MacDonald this Saturday. He touched on his setback against Martin Kampmann last June, and notes that he simply can’t look past MacDonald.