- Anthony Johnson Doubts Jon Jones Will Train Year-Round
- UFC 187 Keeps Growing: Uriah Hall Faces Rafael Natal
- Ronda Rousey Won’t Say She’s Incapable Of Beating Anyone
- Vitor Belfort: I Was Tested Seven Times For My Fight With Weidman – Was He?
- Conor McGregor: Zingano Looked Rushed
- Jon Jones’ Legal Team Looking Into Possible Foul Play Regarding January Drug Test
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
Jake Ellenberger and Rory MacDonald Beef Heats Up On Twitter
When we last saw Jake Ellenberger in action he was knocking out former MW title challenger, Nate Marquardt, in brutal fashion at UFC 158. The Juggernaut was then rumoured to be hoping for a number one contender match against Johny Hendricks. It transpired that Ellenberger will now face Rory MacDonald at UFC on Fox 8, even though Ellenberger has quite often expressed his interest in fighting GSP. Ellenberger is 8-2 in his last 10 UFC outings, needless to say, lesser fighters have received title shots (*cough*Chael Sonnen), but Ellenberger will have to settle for MacDonald for the mean time.
Maybe it’s the fact that Jake wants at GSP so bad, or maybe he really doesn’t like MacDonald. Whatever the case, things are starting to heat up between these two guys. Check out what went down over Twitter:
@EllenbergerMMA 4some1 with such a week jaw u sure use it alot 2 talk shit when ur done buildin ur self up ill b there 2send u back 2reality
— Rory MacDonald (@rory_macdonald) June 17, 2013
It sure seems to me like there is some bad blood between these two, and it will all come to a head at UFC on Fox 8, but which fighter has the better skill set? It’s all good being able to talk trash on request, but which guy will be able to back their words up when it comes to the crunch?
I’m leaning towards Ellenberger in this bout, he is a powerhouse and a big challenge for anyone at Welterweight. The match up will pit the #8 and #10 Welterweights against each other, and I suspect it will be quite a barn burner.