- Ronda Rousey Joins ‘The Rock’ At WrestleMania To Throw ‘Triple H,’ Dana White Approves
- Anthony Pettis Has No Timetable For Return, Wants To Fight Nate Diaz
- WSOF 19: Teddy Holder vs. Thiago Silva Video Highlights
- Drew Dober Returns To Face Efrain Escudero At UFC 188
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
- WSOF 19 Results: Justin Gaethje Defeats Luis Palomino In All-Out War
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
Is Normal? Anderson Silva Is Training To Be A Cop In Los Angeles
Anderson Silva may have had a rough 2013 in MMA, but it seems that the time off since December has opened a lot of doors for ‘The Spider’. Silva has enrolled with a Hollywood movie agency, visited a Brazilian cancer hospital and now news has emerged that the former UFC middleweight champion is looking to join law enforcement.
“I’m studying at the Los Angeles School Police Department. I’m studying to become a police officer. I train every morning, take my kids to school and go to the police school”
“It’s a personal wish, something that will make my uncle happy,” he explained. “He thought it was a little weird that I’m not doing this here (in Brazil), but it wasn’t the right time. My brothers are police officers and my nephews are police officers. It’s a family thing.”
With Silva’s return to MMA postponed until 2015, perhaps his extra-curricular activities are more of a distraction than a replacement job. The division isn’t exactly flying by him at the minute, but anything could happen by the end of 2014.
With Chris Weidman injured and scheduled to undergo surgery on both knees, the state of the middleweight category is a little up in the air. Lyoto Machida is the next in line for the title shot, and there is plenty of fresh talent at 185 pounds, but without Silva the division seems a little lost.
I’ll keep you updated as and when Silva decides to take on another job, but lets hope it doesn’t get bad enough for him to consider working at Wendy’s.