- UFC Fight Night 58 Ratings Show Significant Increase In Viewership For FOX Sports 1
- Myles Jury Calls UFC 182 Bout Against Donald Cerrone ‘Just Another Fight’
- UFC 183 Rewind: Anderson Silva vs. Rich Franklin And Nick Diaz vs. BJ Penn
- Does Beating Daniel Cormier Make Jon Jones The Greatest Of All Time?
- Happy Holidays From LowKick MMA & The UFC!
- Merry Christmas Zuffa! Vera & Garza File Class Action Suit
POLL: Is The Feud Between Jon Jones & Daniel Cormier Real, Or An Orchestrated Hype Train?
The ongoing feud between light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier reached fever pitch this week, first there was the impromptu brawl between the two at the UFC 178 media day, then the back-and-forth over social media, followed by a ‘heart felt’ apology on Sportscenter, and finally with a ‘hot mic’ out take of the two exchanging venomous insults.
With the fight over a month away from transpiring, it seems the hype behind Jones vs Cormier is unlike any we’ve seen in a long time. Comparisons range from Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock, and more recently Chael Sonnen/Anderson Silva. One question, among many others, remains unanswered though; is this for real?
The brawl itself involved Freddie Roach and a befuddled Dave Scholler, surely they weren’t in on it? And then the ‘hot mic’ video was ‘leaked’, any chance that the 90-second snippet was planned? We all know that hype is part of the package deal in combat sports, and plays an essential part in keeping interest levels high for big fights.That being said, the NSAC requested video footage of the fracas in Vegas, although nothing has been done as of yet.
So what do you think, is this beef for real, or the work of a scheming mastermind? Take a vote, have your say!