- Alexander Gustafsson Picks Jones To Win, But Warns The Champion
- Dan Hardy Isn’t Retiring Yet, Targeting Sanchez And Koscheck
- Patricio Freire Meets Georgi Karakhanyan In June 20′s Bellator 138 Co-Main Event
- Daniel Cormier Thinks Ryan Bader Has ‘Lost His Damn Mind’ With Knockout Predictions
- Jose Aldo Plans To Run Through McGregor Like A Runaway Truck
- Chad Mendes: If I Was Aldo, I Would Have Punched Him In The F—–g Face
- Video: Watch Conor McGregor Steal Jose Aldo’s Belt In Dublin
POLL: Is The Feud Between Jon Jones & Daniel Cormier Real, Or An Orchestrated Hype Train?
The ongoing feud between light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier reached fever pitch this week, first there was the impromptu brawl between the two at the UFC 178 media day, then the back-and-forth over social media, followed by a ‘heart felt’ apology on Sportscenter, and finally with a ‘hot mic’ out take of the two exchanging venomous insults.
With the fight over a month away from transpiring, it seems the hype behind Jones vs Cormier is unlike any we’ve seen in a long time. Comparisons range from Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock, and more recently Chael Sonnen/Anderson Silva. One question, among many others, remains unanswered though; is this for real?
The brawl itself involved Freddie Roach and a befuddled Dave Scholler, surely they weren’t in on it? And then the ‘hot mic’ video was ‘leaked’, any chance that the 90-second snippet was planned? We all know that hype is part of the package deal in combat sports, and plays an essential part in keeping interest levels high for big fights.That being said, the NSAC requested video footage of the fracas in Vegas, although nothing has been done as of yet.
So what do you think, is this beef for real, or the work of a scheming mastermind? Take a vote, have your say!