- UFC Fight Night 57 Super Slo-Mo Highlights
- Matt Brown: What The F–k Has Conor Done Compared To Frankie?
- “Rumble” Thinks Alexander Gustafsson Is As Dangerous As Jon Jones
- Ratings! UFC Fight Night 57 Peaks At Over 1 Million Viewers
- Joe Lauzon vs. Al Iaquinta Added To UFC 183
- Renan Barao Challenges T.J. Dillashaw To Fight Him In Brazil
- Vitor Belfort Says He’s Actually Better Without TRT
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
POLL: Is The Feud Between Jon Jones & Daniel Cormier Real, Or An Orchestrated Hype Train?
The ongoing feud between light-heavyweight champion Jon Jones and Daniel Cormier reached fever pitch this week, first there was the impromptu brawl between the two at the UFC 178 media day, then the back-and-forth over social media, followed by a ‘heart felt’ apology on Sportscenter, and finally with a ‘hot mic’ out take of the two exchanging venomous insults.
With the fight over a month away from transpiring, it seems the hype behind Jones vs Cormier is unlike any we’ve seen in a long time. Comparisons range from Tito Ortiz and Ken Shamrock, and more recently Chael Sonnen/Anderson Silva. One question, among many others, remains unanswered though; is this for real?
The brawl itself involved Freddie Roach and a befuddled Dave Scholler, surely they weren’t in on it? And then the ‘hot mic’ video was ‘leaked’, any chance that the 90-second snippet was planned? We all know that hype is part of the package deal in combat sports, and plays an essential part in keeping interest levels high for big fights.That being said, the NSAC requested video footage of the fracas in Vegas, although nothing has been done as of yet.
So what do you think, is this beef for real, or the work of a scheming mastermind? Take a vote, have your say!