- Five Light Heavyweight Bouts To Make After UFC on FOX 14
- Biggest Winners & Losers From UFC On FOX 14
- Rumble To Jones: Keep Your Hands Up Or It’s Lights Out
- Poll: Will Anthony Johnson Become The Next Light Heavyweight Champ?
- Jon Jones Reacts To Anthony Johnson’s Win Over Alexander Gustafsson
- UFC on FOX 14: Anthony Johnson vs. Alexander Gustafsson Highlights
Inside the mind of Ronda Rousey
Ronda Rousey sat down with Fuel TV’s “Fighter’s Cut” and walked through her 2012 bout with and thrashing of, Sarah Kaufman.
“I just had it my mind that I was going to come out and get in her face right away and I wasn’t going to allow her to hit me even one time…We touched gloves. I like her. She’s a pretty cool chick, but (yeah) it’s still the same amount of intensity regardless of whether you like them or not.”
Rousey went out and did exactly as she intended, beginning with 3 quick jabs “right-off-the-bat” at which point, she proceeded to lay 54 seconds worth of beating on Kaufman; fight over.
In listening to her words, I couldn’t help but wonder how she exhibits a brilliant warrior spirit, where some of her male counterparts, do not. She truly is a female bad-*** and in every way.
Also, I can’t help but realize how much she reminds me of a female version of the Diaz brothers and in particular, Nick. Her fight face seems to be as much a “Diaz-esque” snarl and a reflection of their fight mentality, than anything else. When she’s in fight mode, it’s as if you can see the Diaz brothers in her as she moves forward relentlessly and without fear.
These things, along with her dominance, marketability and natural beauty, are the reasons why she is one of the UFC’s crown jewels.