- Luke Rockhold Would Love To ‘Beat Belfort’s A–,’ Doesn’t Think He Deserves Title
- Hector Lombard Talks Unfair Punishment For Stupidity
- Harboring No Ill Will Towards UFC, Phil Davis Wants Immediate Bellator Title Shot
- UFC Overhauls Reebok Pay Structure To Focus On Number Of Fights
- Chad Mendes Won’t Rule Out Facing Urijah Faber
- Countdown To UFC 186: Johnson vs. Horiguchi & Bisping vs. Dollaway
- UFC on FOX 15 Medical Suspensions: Swanson, Machida & Herrig Get Long Sits
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Injury wipes Lavar Johnson out of UFC on Fox 5 fight with Schaub
Well, so much for the UFC on Fox 5 card being injury free.
After Dana White issued a warning to all of the fighters to tone down the training, Lavar Johnson ends up pulling a groin and will no longer be able to face Brendan Schaub at next weekend’s UFC on Fox 5 card. The two heavyweights were set to battle on the FX prelims but Dana White reluctantly had to make the announcement via Twitter a little over a week before the event, which takes place in Seattle.
“Lavar Johnson is out of the Fox prelims with a pulled groin. He was fighting Brendan Schaub,” White tweeted. Surely, White was a bit miffed to hear that another fighter has gone down due to injury as 2012 has seen a number of fighters injured before their scheduled fight. The UFC President joked on Tuesday’s conference call about this card remaining intact and asked that everyone take their training down a notch just so they can remain healthy. Unfortunately, Johnson couldn’t avoid the injury plague.
It is not yet known whether a replacement fighter will be named or if they will have to pull the fight from the card altogether.