- NAC Director Doubts Tim Kennedy’s UFC 178 Loss Will Be Overturned
- Conor McGregor Bigger Than Georges St-Pierre?
- UFC 178 Donald Cerrone vs Eddie Alvarez Highlights
- UFC 178: Conor McGregor vs Dustin Poirier Highlights
- Tim Kennedy Will Appeal UFC 178 Loss To Yoel Romero
- UFC 178: Watch Dominick Cruz Destroy Takeya Mizugaki To Earn Next Title Shot
- UFC 178 Main Card Results: McGregor Scores First Round Finish
- UFC 178 LowKick MMA Staff Predictions
Injury wipes Lavar Johnson out of UFC on Fox 5 fight with Schaub
Well, so much for the UFC on Fox 5 card being injury free.
After Dana White issued a warning to all of the fighters to tone down the training, Lavar Johnson ends up pulling a groin and will no longer be able to face Brendan Schaub at next weekend’s UFC on Fox 5 card. The two heavyweights were set to battle on the FX prelims but Dana White reluctantly had to make the announcement via Twitter a little over a week before the event, which takes place in Seattle.
“Lavar Johnson is out of the Fox prelims with a pulled groin. He was fighting Brendan Schaub,” White tweeted. Surely, White was a bit miffed to hear that another fighter has gone down due to injury as 2012 has seen a number of fighters injured before their scheduled fight. The UFC President joked on Tuesday’s conference call about this card remaining intact and asked that everyone take their training down a notch just so they can remain healthy. Unfortunately, Johnson couldn’t avoid the injury plague.
It is not yet known whether a replacement fighter will be named or if they will have to pull the fight from the card altogether.