- Dan Hardy Isn’t Retiring Yet, Targeting Sanchez And Koscheck
- Patricio Freire Meets Georgi Karakhanyan In June 20′s Bellator 138 Co-Main Event
- Daniel Cormier Thinks Ryan Bader Has ‘Lost His Damn Mind’ With Knockout Predictions
- Jose Aldo Plans To Run Through McGregor Like A Runaway Truck
- Chad Mendes: If I Was Aldo, I Would Have Punched Him In The F—–g Face
- Video: Watch Conor McGregor Steal Jose Aldo’s Belt In Dublin
In seek of another title shot, Vitor Belfort declines fight with Tim Kennedy
Just as rumors began heating up that Vitor “The Phenom” Belfort would be facing Tim Kennedy as his next opponent, news comes that the surging UFC middleweight star is refusing the fight. In fact, there’s only one fight that Belfort is interested in taking, and that’s the 185 lb. title shot that he feels he has earned with his recent string of spectacular knockouts.
Belfort revealed his beliefs to Brazilian website Globo.com, who reported that Belfort’s wife and manager Joana Prado confirmed that her husband would only accept a championship opportunity at 185.
However, with the belt currently tied up in the Chris Weidman/Anderson Silva rivalry, Belfort could be on the shelf for quite some time if he decides to wait it out. And UFC President Dana White has been none too eager to offer Belfort a title shot, perhaps due to the fact that is extremely tough to get Belfort licensed to fight anywhere outside of Brazil due to his well-publicized TRT use.
While Kennedy, who defeated BJJ wiz Roger Gracie at UFC 162, readily accepted the opportunity to fight Belfort in “The Phenom’s”” homeland, the Army Ranger got a quick decline. But apparently Belfort is open to catchweight and/or light heavyweight bouts without the title on the line, something that he has done before in his win over Rich Franklin and his loss to Jon Jones for the 205 lb. title last fall.
Belfort’s next fight has been a hot topic in MMA as of late, and it appears that the situation is becoming more convoluted rather than clear as time passes.
Who do you think Belfort should face in his next bout?