- Alexander Gustafsson Picks Jones To Win, But Warns The Champion
- Dan Hardy Isn’t Retiring Yet, Targeting Sanchez And Koscheck
- Patricio Freire Meets Georgi Karakhanyan In June 20′s Bellator 138 Co-Main Event
- Daniel Cormier Thinks Ryan Bader Has ‘Lost His Damn Mind’ With Knockout Predictions
- Jose Aldo Plans To Run Through McGregor Like A Runaway Truck
- Chad Mendes: If I Was Aldo, I Would Have Punched Him In The F—–g Face
- Video: Watch Conor McGregor Steal Jose Aldo’s Belt In Dublin
If Bisping can’t get interim title, give him Strikeforce title
Michael Bisping is after a title. If it’s not the UFC middleweight title, then it is the interim title. If he can’t get either of those, then he’s staking claim to Luke Rockhold’s Strikeforce middleweight title. Bottom line, Bisping wants a title dammit.
The truth is that Bisping doesn’t really want the Strikeforce title, he just figures that he should be the champ after sparring a few rounds with Rockhold. In an appearance on Spike TV’s MMA Uncensored, The Ultimate Fighter 3 winner explained why he’s the unofficial Strikeforce champ (as transcribed by MMA Mania).
“Luke Rockhold? By all accounts he and Lorenz Larkin should fight and the winner of that fight — if not both of them — go over to the UFC. Are they gonna come over and be number one contenders? I don’t think so. You’re in Strikeforce, come over to the UFC and earn your place. Let me put it like this: I’ve sparred with Luke Rockhold recently and let’s just say I’m the unofficial Strikeforce champion. Sorry Luke, but these are the facts.”
This certainly should draw the ire of Rockhold while he sits on the sidelines with a wrist injury. Our money is on Rockhold wanting a piece of Bisping the moment he’s signed to the UFC, should Bisping get past Vitor Belfort in January. Not a bad fight.