- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
- Benson Henderson & Michael Johnson Verbally Agree To Fight
- UFC 185 Drug Tests Come Back Negative
- Alexander Gustafsson Faces Glover Teixeira At UFC Fight Night 69 In Berlin
- Jose Aldo Says There Was ‘No Slap,’ Find Out For Yourself
- Ronda Rousey Joins ‘The Rock’ At WrestleMania To Throw ‘Triple H,’ Dana White Approves
- Anthony Pettis Has No Timetable For Return, Wants To Fight Nate Diaz
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
Hector Lombard Grateful For Second Chance In The UFC
Former Bellator Middleweight king and current UFC Welterweight Hector Lombard likely sent Nate Marquardt in to retirement at last night’s UFC 166. The two met on the Fox section of the preliminary card, and the result was almost too predictable. Marquardt had no answer for the power and speed of Lombard, and succumbed to a savage first round knockout.
Lombard moves to a fantastic 33-4-1 (1 NC) with the win, and likely earned himself a fringe top 10 match in his next outing. The US born Aussie/Cuban slugger failed to impress in his UFC debut, dropping a decision to Tim Boetsch. After knocking the fade off of Rousimar Paul Harris in December 2012, Lombard once again dropped a decision, this time to Yushin Okami at UFC on Fuel TV this past March.
Both fighter’s necks were on the chopping blocks at in Houston, and Lombard made a point of finishing as fast and effectively as possible. Marquardt will either need to call it quits or look to make a name in a smaller promotion, probably the former. Check out Lombard’s post fight interview, courtesy of MMAFighting and stay tuned to Lowkick!