- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
- UFC Fight Night 57 Joe Benavidez vs Dustin Ortiz Highlights
- Frankie Edgar Says He Should Be Next For Jose Aldo
- UFC Fight Night 57 Post-Fight Bonuses: Frankie Edgar Pockets Extra $50,000
- UFC Fight Night 57: Frankie Edgar vs. Cub Swanson Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 57: Edson Barboza vs. Bobby Green Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 57 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC Fight Night 57 Main Card Results: Frankie Edgar Scores Latest Finish In UFC History
- Metamoris 5 Results: Gracie vs Sakuraba Ends In Draw
- UFC Fight Night 57 Preliminary Card Results: VanZant Tops Curran
GSP Training With Rick Story For Johny Hendricks Fight
GSP will look to continue his incredible six year dominance of the UFC Welterweight division, as he squares off against Johny Hendricks at UFC 167. ‘Rush’ was last in action against Nick Diaz at UFC 158, winning by unanimous decision.
His opponent ‘Bigg Rigg’ has smashed himself in to title contention, winning 10 of his 11 UFC bouts (five by T/KO) and landing a 15-1 overall record. The sole loss that stands on his record is courtesy of Tacoma native Rick Story. The Horror beat Hendricks by decision at the TUF 12 finale.
As it turns out, Story has been training with GSP at Tristar Gym. As the only man to ever defeat Hendricks, Story could bring a lot to the table for St-Pierre to train with. Check out what GSP had to say via La Presse:
“It’s a plus for me,” said the long-time 170lb. boss “ He’s a guy with a similar style to Johny Hendricks. He’s also the last person to beat him. He won by decision. It was a close fight. But he won. He has even trained with him. He can give me some tricks, tell me how he is.”
Story, who will also be fighting Brian Ebersole at UFC 167, has trained with Hendricks in the past but stands by his decision to train with GSP:
“I wasn’t convinced at first.” Story said. “But I told myself it would be good for my career to work with a such a reputable camp. I am certain Johny [Hendricks] will understand my decision to come here. I have to do everything to succeed and he’ll understand that.”
Story is coming off a very close split decision loss to Mike Pyle at UFC 160, so the time training with GSP and the Tristar team will likely help improve his game even further.
The 29-year-old collegiate wrestler will look to pick up his third fight night bonus at UFC 167, but will his input be enough for the Champion to beat the surging force that is Bigg Rigg?