- Poll: How Should The UFC Punish Jon Jones?
- Albuquerque Police Pursuing Felony Arrest Warrant For Jon Jones
- Read The Official Police Report From Jon Jones’ Hit-And-Run
- Tim Kennedy: ‘Karate Is Dead, Rockhold Destroyed Machida Effortlessly’
- Jon Jones Update: Police Found Marijuana, Pipe After ‘Bones’ Fled Scene
- Rafael Dos Anjos Wants Fight With ‘Disrespectful’ Conor McGregor
- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
Glover Teixeira Cleared By Doctor, No Longer Requires Shoulder Surgery
UFC light-heavyweight contender Glover Teixeira had a pretty rough night at UFC 172; dropping a dominant five round decision in his bid for Jon Jones’ title, and picking up some pretty nasty injuries in the process. Aside from the deep cut above his eyebrow, Teixeira was hit with a disfigured shoulder following a brutal crank by ‘Bones’.
Looking like he may need surgery, the Brazilian slugger could have been facing an extended layoff as a result of his failed title fight. In a turn of events, Teixeira took to his twitter account late last night, revealing that he had some good news from the doctors in Las Vegas, Nevada:
Great news today from Doc…no surgery needed on my shoulder right now. Thank u everyone for the support!!
— glover teixeira (@gloverteixeira) May 14, 2014
Now that he has been cleared and no longer requires surgery, could G-Tex be looking for a quick turnaround? There isn’t a plethora of intriguing fights for him to take at this stage, but I’m sure Teixeira will want to put the ghost of his first loss in 20 pro fights well behind him ASAP. So, what’s next for GT?
Perhaps a bout with returning Rashad Evans would fit quite nicely, it fits well in the rankings as ‘Suga’ is #2 (?) and Tex #3, and it will be a good test of which guy really wants to be in the title mix. Aside from that, everyone else is pretty tied up right now; Anthony Johnson will fight Rogerio Nogueira, Alexander Gustafsson will eventually get Jones pt. II, Cormier and Hendo are tied up, so maybe a bout with Mauricio ‘Shogun’ Rua?