- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 186 Main Card Live Results: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Scores Latest Finish In UFC History
Georges St-Pierre Will Give Update On Awaited MMA Return This Friday
Former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre rocked the MMA world when he vacated his long-held title after UFC 167, not only that, he added to a heap of problems that the UFC had with champions being sidelined. The biggest Canadian draw, and known globally, it’s hard to think of a more recognisable face in MMA today.
It didn’t take long before the talk turned to ‘Rush’ returning to fighting, although another torn ACL in training meant that GSP may have to consider acting full time. Meanwhile, the division found a new champion in Johny Hendricks, and a plethora of high-level contenders. Seemingly eager to get back in action, St-Pierre will give an update on his return this Friday (July 11, 2014), as AXS TV MMA correspondent Ron Kruck posted to his Twitter account:
— Ron Kruck (@rkruck) July 10, 2014
Could this be the huge news we have waited six months for, that St-Pierre has a return date booked, or will he keep us waiting longer? One thing is for sure, a return from the estranged chanpion would add a very interesting twist to the story of the welterweight division. Would an immediate title shot be on tap?
Dominick Cruz recently signed to fight Takeya Mizugaki after his three-year sit, during which he was unlucky enough to have to vacate his title. Just half a year removed, would ‘Rush’ want a tune-up fight, or would he go straight in the mix? Hopefully we’ll know a little more this Friday.