- Max Holloway: I Want That Win Back Over Conor McGregor
- Luke Rockhold Promises To Choke Chris Weidman At Madison Garden
- UFC on FOX 15: Paige VanZant vs. Felice Herrig Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC on FOX 15: Luke Rockhold vs. Lyoto Machida Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC on FOX 15 Bonuses: Rockhold, Holloway Bank $50,000
- UFC on FOX 15 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC on FOX 15 Main Card Results: Luke Rockhold Batters, Submits Lyoto Machida
- UFC on FOX 15 Preliminary Card Results: Dariush Dominates Miller
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
Georges St-Pierre Will Give Update On Awaited MMA Return This Friday
Former UFC welterweight champion Georges St-Pierre rocked the MMA world when he vacated his long-held title after UFC 167, not only that, he added to a heap of problems that the UFC had with champions being sidelined. The biggest Canadian draw, and known globally, it’s hard to think of a more recognisable face in MMA today.
It didn’t take long before the talk turned to ‘Rush’ returning to fighting, although another torn ACL in training meant that GSP may have to consider acting full time. Meanwhile, the division found a new champion in Johny Hendricks, and a plethora of high-level contenders. Seemingly eager to get back in action, St-Pierre will give an update on his return this Friday (July 11, 2014), as AXS TV MMA correspondent Ron Kruck posted to his Twitter account:
— Ron Kruck (@rkruck) July 10, 2014
Could this be the huge news we have waited six months for, that St-Pierre has a return date booked, or will he keep us waiting longer? One thing is for sure, a return from the estranged chanpion would add a very interesting twist to the story of the welterweight division. Would an immediate title shot be on tap?
Dominick Cruz recently signed to fight Takeya Mizugaki after his three-year sit, during which he was unlucky enough to have to vacate his title. Just half a year removed, would ‘Rush’ want a tune-up fight, or would he go straight in the mix? Hopefully we’ll know a little more this Friday.