- Happy Holidays From LowKick MMA & The UFC!
- Merry Christmas Zuffa! Vera & Garza File Class Action Suit
- Have Wrestlers Taken Over MMA For Good?
- Donald Cerrone On Anthony Pettis: The Son Of A B—- Beat Me
- UFC 182 Video Round Up: Free Fights & Previews
- Hector Lombard Says He Wants To Fight Michael Bisping
- Jose Aldo: We Practically Pay To Fight In The UFC
- Dominick Cruz Shoots Down Retirement Talk: I’m Not Going To Allow It To Stop Me
Georges St-Pierre vs. Nick Diaz slated for UFC 158
It appears that Montreal is going to be a madhouse on March 16th thanks to two Canadians landing fights that they asked for.
First it was announced that Rory MacDonald would get a chance at avenging his lone loss against Carlos Condit. Now it appears that Georges St-Pierre will also have his wishes granted as the UFC will allow him to face Nick Diaz. According to MMAFighting.com, Dana White has offered Diaz and GSP the opportunity to face each other at UFC 158 and it appears that both will accept although Diaz has yet to sign the contract. But this will likely be a mere formality and St-Pierre will get the fight he has begged the UFC for while shrugging aside the super fight with Anderson Silva.
Dana White made an attempt to put together the Silva-St-Pierre showdown last week in Seattle but the Canadian made it clear that he wanted Nick Diaz first.
“He doesn’t ask for things,” White told the press last week. So if he wants to fight Nick Diaz, and Nick Diaz wants to fight him, then that’s probably the fight we’ll make.”
GSP is coming off of a unanimous decision victory over Carlos Condit last month in Montreal after being on the shelf for over a year. With him retaining his title, he holds the cards and, although he has never been pushy, he made no bones about it that Diaz was on his radar. This left Johny Hendricks — who is coming off a devastating knockout of Martin Kampmann and thought to be the #1 contender — visibly upset that he is being passed over for a title shot.
Diaz hasn’t fought since losing to Condit last February and being subsequently suspended for testing positive for marijuana metabolites. He’s eligible to return on Feb. 4, 2013.