- Tyron Woodley Would Be Able To Return To Meet Johny Hendricks At UFC 189
- Floyd Mayweather Vacates Titles: ‘It’s Time For Other Fighters’
- Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Scorecard & Punch Statistics
- Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Highlights
- Floyd Mayweather Defeats Manny Pacquiao To Unify Belts
- Cast Your Vote For Mayweather vs. Pacquiao!
- Jorge Masvidal Planning Move Back To Welterweight
- Roy Jones Jr.: Win Or Lose, Mayweather Is Not The Greatest Of All-Time
- Poll: Should Jon Jones Get Immediate Title Shot If He Returns?
- Nick Diaz Passed Two Drug Tests On The Same Night He Failed One
Georges St. Pierre Has Big Plans For A Super Fight
This week’s UFC World Tour 2013 has brought a wealth of new media coverage to MMA, and some of it has centered around UFC welterweight champion Georges St. Pierre. At yesterday’s UFC World Tour New York stop, GSP met up with Ariel Helwani of MMA Fighting to dish on his upcoming fight against Johny Hendricks, Rory MacDonald’s performance last weekend, and his upcoming return to Las Vegas this November.
But perhaps his most scintillating comment centered around the potential super fights available to GSP, something that talk of has died down since Anderson Silva’s UFC 162 loss to Chris Weidman. St. Pierre attempted to remain mum on the subject, but claimed that a huge announcement is coming soon:
“There are things I wanna do in my career and I can’t tell you right now. Rory as well, and we have plans. You’ll see in time. It’s better if I keep it secret then when it comes, it’s gonna blow up. We’ll see. I’m interested. I’m very interested. ‘Super fight’ doesn’t mean I have to go … it’s 15 pounds between categories. It’s a lot of options. We’ll see.”
Some interesting speculation from the champ, who must first get by the tough test of Johny Hendricks at UFC 167 to avoid any Silva-like destruction of his super fight plans. UFC lightweight champ Ben Henderson has often speculated about a possible bout with St. Pierre. At this point in time, it’s unlikely that we see GSP face Anderson Silva.
Who is GSP referring to when he says he has a big announcement, and will he survive Hendricks to put those plans into fruition?