- Dana White Doesn’t Believe Anderson Silva Is Done Fighting
- UFC 183: Iaquinta vs. Lauzon, Woodley vs. Gastelum Highlights
- Nick Diaz: I Was Injured Before UFC 183, Couldn’t Throw Punches
- Anderson Silva Will ‘Talk Serious’ With His Family About Fighting Future
- Quote: Vitor Belfort Turned Down Interim Title Bout With Lyoto Machida
- UFC 183: Thiago Alves vs. Jordan Mein Highlights
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz Highlights
- UFC 183 Post-Fight Bonuses: Thiago Alves Pockets $50,000
- Poll: Where Does Anderson Silva Go From Here?
- Benson Henderson To Make Welterweight Debut, Faces Brandon Thatch At UFC Fight Night 60
Gegard Mousasi set to face Alexander Gustafsson in Sweden April 6th
Earlier today a rumor surfaced and was subsequently confirmed centering around a bout between Alexander Gustafsson and the UFC debuting Gegard Mousasi. That fight will apparently take place in Sweden at the Ericsson Globe Arena in Stockholm.
Mousasi should provide a tough test for the surging Swede. Mousasi was last seen submitting Mike Kyle with relative ease at last week’s Strikeforce Finale. Gustafsson beat a more high profile opponent back at UFC on Fox 5 when he defeated Shogun Rua via decision.
The event will be the UFC’s second foray into Sweden, as its first was held at the same location in April of last year. Gustafsson was on that card as well, defeating Thiago Silva in another decision victory.
It appears that the UFC is wasting no time in giving Mousasi tough tests at Light Heavyweight. And for good reason, as the Armenian kickboxer holds a ton of potential and is still young. He was the former Strikeforce Light Heavyweight champion, and it should be exciting to watch him attempt to become the champion of a bigger promotion.
The event is rumored to be UFC on Fuel 9, but nothing official has been confirmed as of yet in that area.
UFC executive vice president Garry Cook was on hand today to speak about the upcoming matchup, via MMA Junkie:
“Sweden is an incredible market for the UFC, and we’re excited to once again bring a major UFC card to the Ericsson Globe Arena. Alexander Gustafsson is a big star in Sweden and has quickly grown in popularity worldwide thanks to his success in the octagon.”
“We know the fans in Sweden will make the Ericsson Globe Arena an absolutely electric atmosphere as he takes on the very talented Gegard Mousasi on April 6.”
This fight could be a great one. Who is your early pick to win in Sweden?