- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC 186 Main Card Live Results: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Scores Latest Finish In UFC History
- Top Five ‘Rampage’ Knockouts Of All-Time
- UFC 186 Preliminary Card Results: Patrick Cote Outlasts Joe Riggs
- ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs Soa Palelei Added To UFC 190 In August
- Three Reasons To Watch UFC 186
Gegard Mousasi Says Vitor Belfort Wanted To Take The Fight On Short Notice
Its safe to say that Gegard MoUSAsi has had an up and down week so far. After his original opponent for Saturday’s UFC On Fuel TV 9, Alexander Gustaffson, was sidelined with a nasty cut above the eye the social media and internet were buzzing with rumours of who would replace the Swede.
At first many believed that Wanderlei Silva would be the replacement fighter, but upon closer inspection it would seem Wandy was meerly embracing his inner child and playing an April fool’s joke. Clearly MoUSAsi was not too impressed with ‘The Axe Murderer’s’ prank when speaking to MMAJunkie.com
“If I had done it to him, he wouldn’t have appreciated it either. I’m in a situation where no one is informing me of anything, and this idiot is saying it for three days as an April Fools’ joke. It’s not funny. But what I can I do?”
Then the conversation took an interesting turn as MoUSAsi was questioned further about potential opponents, before the lesser known Iliir Latifi was confirmed.
“Vitor Belfort stepped up, and there were talks with my manager, and he wanted to take the fight on short notice,” said MoUSAsi, who never found out why Belfort wasn’t selected. “So we would have gladly accepted that fight.”
This is most certainly an odd turn of events, from my point of view a top ranked fighter such as Belfort would have been a perfect replacement. Especially seeing as he is back in the mix after his big knockout of Michael Bisping. In reference as to how Latifi got the fight, MoUSAsi had this to say:
“Latifi asked for the fight on social media and in Sweden, so eventually, he was the only guy we were able to fight,”
So it would seem that Joe Silva is taking job applications via Twitter now, I will keep you updated on this story as soon as I’ve finished trying to get a fight with Rampage Jackson via Myspace.