- Jon Jones Turns Himself Into Police Custody
- Albuquerque Police Issue Felony Warrant For Jon Jones
- Poll: How Should The UFC Punish Jon Jones?
- Read The Official Police Report From Jon Jones’ Hit-And-Run
- Tim Kennedy: ‘Karate Is Dead, Rockhold Destroyed Machida Effortlessly’
- Jon Jones Update: Police Found Marijuana, Pipe After ‘Bones’ Fled Scene
- Rafael Dos Anjos Wants Fight With ‘Disrespectful’ Conor McGregor
- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
Gegard Mousasi Gets A New Opponent, Alexander Gustafsson reveals cut
It seems as though the drama surrounding Alexander Gustaffson’s injury may have concluded, with the breaking news that Gegard MoUSAsi has an opponent for his April 6th bout. Dana White has confirmed the news via Twitter:
Mousasi will face Iliir Latifa this Saturday live on @fueltv Latifa is from Sweden and training partner of Gustafsson.
Although Latifi is an unknown within the UFC, ‘The Sledgehammer’ is stepping up a notch in competition to fill in for his injured training partner. The Swede holds a record of 7-2 (2 KO, 3 Sub) and will face a huge challenge in the veteran Mousasi.
So with a last minute change we have gone from a number one contender match, to a seemingly overmatched underdog who could potentially pull off the upset of the year. With Gustaffson sidelined, my question is ‘Where does he stand in the title picture?’.
I think we will have to wait until after Saturday to find out the answer to all our questions, although I am keen to know whether Latifi was the training partner that caused the cut over
Gustaffson’s eye. Maybe thats the conspiracy theorist in me. By the way, Gustafsson posted a pic of the now infamous cut that forced him to miss this weekend’s main event:
We will keep you updated to any more news on Latifi vs. Mousasi as it comes in.