- Javier Mendez Believes Less Hard Sparring Will Reduce Injuries In Training
- Urijah Faber: TJ Dillashaw & Chad Mendes Could Both Beat Jose Aldo
- Tyron Woodley Says Hector Lombard Is ‘Salty And Bitter’
- Ricardo Lamas Envisions An Unconcsious Conor McGregor
- UFC Fight Night 57 Aftermath: Junior, Edgar, JB & ‘The Photo’
- Quote: Jon Jones Couldn’t Keep Cain Velasquez Off Him
- Just How Far Will Edson Barboza Go?
- Cub Swanson Thanks Frankie Edgar For Teaching Him A Lesson
- Poll: Who Deserves The Next UFC Featherweight Title Shot?
- UFC Fight Night 57: Frankie Edgar vs. Cub Swanson Highlights
Frankie Edgar Thinks He’s Only One or Two Fights Away From a Title Shot
Former UFC Lightweight Champion Frankie Edgar appears post-UFC 159 courtesy of Fightline to address a litany of topics, including the changes he’s made to adjust back to a three round fight after being in title fights since 2010. ‘The Answer’ will face off with Charles Oliveira at UFC 162, and noted he’s a dangerous and unpredictable opponent.
Edgar states that he won’t call out anybody and will just fight whoever the UFC puts in front of him. He won’t take the Chael Sonnen route and try to talk his way into a title shot. Edgar believes he’s only one or two wins away from another title shot.
The former champ also says he won’t chase titles by moving down weight classes, effectively ruling out a move to bantamweight for the time being. Edgar knows that there’s pressure on him having lost three in a row, and says he has been focusing on finishing fights.