- Dana White Not Optimistic About GSP Return: He Hasn’t Been Hungry For A Long Time
- Surprise! Aldo & McGregor Hurl PED Accusations At One Another
- CABMMA Changes Drew Dober Loss To No Contest
- Henry Cejudo Added To June’s UFC 188 From Mexico, Chico Camus Rumored Opponent
- UFC 189 World Tour Heats Up In Boston: Dana White Forced To Intervene
- Nick Diaz Hires Professionals To Investigate UFC 183 Drug Test
Frankie Edgar talks UFC 156, Jose Aldo, and the rising talent at Featherweight
It’s fight week and MMA H.E.A.T. sat down for an exclusive interview with former Lightweight champion Frankie Edgar. Edgar addresses his upcoming blockbuster bout with Jose Aldo this weekend, noting that while he is facing one of the best finishers, he has never been put away.
Edgar acknowledges he did not want to have a tuneup fight at Featherweight, but rather to jump into the title fight right away. Featherweight is fast becoming a talented division, and Edgar lists off all of the talent fighters he respects at 145.
Edgar is always a down-to-earth fighter, and appears calm yet confident heading into his seventh straight UFC title fight. This Saturday, he will look to make history as one of very few multi-divisional UFC champs. Frankie Edgar knows the odds may be against him, but said he would be worried if they weren’t.