- WSOF 19 Results: Justin Gaethje Defeats Luis Palomino In All-Out War
- Bellator 135: L.C. Davis vs. Hideo Tokoro Full Fight Video
- Anderson Silva Talks Conor McGregor: You Have To Promote The Right Way, With Respect
- Lyoto Machida Believes Luke Rockhold’s Weakness Is Striking
- Brendan Schaub Moves Down To Light Heavyweight For Next Fight
- Dana White Reveals Jose Aldo Went Crazy After McGregor Slapped Him On Back
- TJ Dillashaw vs. Renan Barao II Will Still Happen
- Bellator 135 Results: Marcos Galvao Crowned New Bantamweight Champ
Frankie Edgar: I’m Not Going Home Disappointed At UFC 162
When he steps into the Octagon at UFC 162 to fight Charles Oliveira, former lightweight champion Frankie Edgar will be making a return to territory that has become unfamiliar to him in recent years. Since 2010, Edgar has been embroiled in only title bouts dating back to when he took a somewhat controversial decision from BJ Penn.
In that span, Edgar has only seen a fight finished once, when he knocked Gray Maynard out at UFC 136 in 2011. Now, Edgar will look to win, and win impressively. In this pre-fight UFC interview, Edgar details the strengths that Oliveira brings to the table, noting his opponent’s submission prowess.
But Edgar thinks he can avoid the fight being taken to the ground, and he very well may be right. He knows that razor thin judges’ decisions have not been too kind to him lately, so it is in his best interest to finish the fight early. Will he achieve this goal on July 6th?