- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
Frank Mir to Daniel Cormier: Be careful what you wish for
Speaking at last weekend’s MMA Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada, Frank Mir seemed very positive about the opportunity to welcome Daniel Cormier in his first fight inside the UFC Octagon. Mir was originally scheduled to square off against Cormier in Strikeforce, but a knee injury suffered in training prevented from the two-time UFC Heavyweight champion to test the undefeated A.K.A. product.
Mir was very respectful discussing Cormier’s abilities as a fighter, but still declared that DC should be careful with his sheer desire to face who’s still considered by many as one of the top Heavyweights on the planet.
Here’s what Frank Mir had to say about fighting Cormier:
“I’m hoping Cormier has a good outing against his opponent, which I can’t recall his name right now…which the fact that we all don’t know his name very well, I’m assuming that means that he should do well and hopefully come through unscathed so that he can do what he wants, which is come into the UFC and I can be more than happy welcome him.
I think you know, always be careful what you wish for. I think that his wrestling will definitely be tested in our fight. My submissions have the ability to definitely change outcomes of fights pretty quickly.”