- Five Light Heavyweight Bouts To Make After UFC on FOX 14
- Biggest Winners & Losers From UFC On FOX 14
- Rumble To Jones: Keep Your Hands Up Or It’s Lights Out
- Poll: Will Anthony Johnson Become The Next Light Heavyweight Champ?
- Jon Jones Reacts To Anthony Johnson’s Win Over Alexander Gustafsson
- UFC on FOX 14: Anthony Johnson vs. Alexander Gustafsson Highlights
Frank Mir to Daniel Cormier: Be careful what you wish for
Speaking at last weekend’s MMA Awards in Las Vegas, Nevada, Frank Mir seemed very positive about the opportunity to welcome Daniel Cormier in his first fight inside the UFC Octagon. Mir was originally scheduled to square off against Cormier in Strikeforce, but a knee injury suffered in training prevented from the two-time UFC Heavyweight champion to test the undefeated A.K.A. product.
Mir was very respectful discussing Cormier’s abilities as a fighter, but still declared that DC should be careful with his sheer desire to face who’s still considered by many as one of the top Heavyweights on the planet.
Here’s what Frank Mir had to say about fighting Cormier:
“I’m hoping Cormier has a good outing against his opponent, which I can’t recall his name right now…which the fact that we all don’t know his name very well, I’m assuming that means that he should do well and hopefully come through unscathed so that he can do what he wants, which is come into the UFC and I can be more than happy welcome him.
I think you know, always be careful what you wish for. I think that his wrestling will definitely be tested in our fight. My submissions have the ability to definitely change outcomes of fights pretty quickly.”