- Noncommittal About Return, Georges St. Pierre ‘Taking It Slow’ In Training
- UFC 186 Weigh-In Results: Title Fight Official In Canada
- UFC 186 LowKick Predictions
- ONE Championship 26 Results: Askren vs. Santos Ends In No Contest Following Eyepoke
- UFC 186: Georges St-Pierre And Rory MacDonald Q&A
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 2
- ‘Grown Up’ Rampage Thinks If Anyone Can Knock Out Maldonado, It’s Him
- Matt Brown vs. Tim Means Official for UFC 189
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
FOX Sports 1: Overeem / Browne Preview
August 17th brings with it not only the debut of UFC on “FOX Sports 1”, but with an import clash between two heavyweights in the persons of Alistair Overeem and Travis Browne
Both fighters could use a win, but the “Demolition Man” probably needs it a more than Brown. Where “Hapa” is at least coming off of a win (a KO of Gabriel Gonzaga in April), Overeem is coming off of a loss and brutal KO at the hands of Antonio Silva and a complete derailment of his hype train.
“The Reem” needs a win in this bout and not just to prevent a losing streak, but more importantly to the naysayers wrong that he’s turning out to be a bust in the UFC and to demonstrate that he is a legitimate threat to become champion.
Regarding that and at least in this video, Overeem seems to be focused on his opponent and not anything beyond him, which, in my opinion, has been a problem he’s exhibited in the past. His last fight would be a great example of that, because in it, the Demolition Man seemed to have looked past “Bigfoot” and not taken him very seriously. Subsequently, he paid a very heavy price for (what amounts to) his ego.
Browne on the other hand has nothing to lose and everything to gain, particularly if he can add Overeem’s marquee name to his victories list and as such, will prove to be a tough and decent test for the former kickboxing and Strikeforce champion.
For all the Reem fans out there I hope Alistair can pass the test, but I also know that Browne can set a tough examination.