- Biggest Winners & Losers From UFC On FOX 14
- Rumble To Jones: Keep Your Hands Up Or It’s Lights Out
- Poll: Will Anthony Johnson Become The Next Light Heavyweight Champ?
- Jon Jones Reacts To Anthony Johnson’s Win Over Alexander Gustafsson
- UFC on FOX 14: Gegard Mousasi vs. Dan Henderson Highlights
- UFC on FOX 14: Anthony Johnson vs. Alexander Gustafsson Highlights
- UFC on FOX 14 Post-Fight Bonuses: ‘Rumble’ Headlines List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC on FOX 14 Post-Fight Press Conference
- UFC on FOX 14 Main Card Results: Rumble Destroys Alexander Gustafsson In Round One
- UFC on FOX 14 Prelims Results: Tumenov Wins Thriller Over Musoke
Forrest Griffin out of UFC 155 fight with Phil Davis
Octagon veteran Forrest Griffin joined the never-ending UFC injury list, and will no longer participate in the co-main event bout with Phil Davis at UFC 155.
Griffin has completely wrecked his knee, tearing MCL and straining his ACL tendons. Thirty-three year old fighter was hoping to make a statement against Davis, but will now have to face a long-term recovery. UFC President Dana White confirmed the news on Twitter:
Forrest Has MCL tear and ACL strain. 20 cc’s of blood removed from his knee and the saga continues at the UFC!!
It is yet to be determined whether the UFC will be able to find a replacement for Griffin, as not many fighters are overly excited to get inside the Octagon with Phil Davis on short notice. This could be an interesting opportunity for a fighter like Jimi Manuwa, who impressed MMA fans around the world with a dominant performance against Kyle Kingsbury back in September.
Forrest Griffin was originally scheduled to face Chael Sonnen at UFC 155, but this fight was scrapped after Sonnen was ‘promoted’ to face Jon Jones in April. UFC 155 injury list also includes Chris Weidman and Gray Maynard.
Stay tuned to LowKick.com for more.