- Josh Thomson Squares Off Against Tony Ferguson On July 15
- Benson Henderson & Michael Johnson Verbally Agree To Fight
- UFC 185 Drug Tests Come Back Negative
- Alexander Gustafsson Faces Glover Teixeira At UFC Fight Night 69 In Berlin
- Jose Aldo Says There Was ‘No Slap,’ Find Out For Yourself
- Ronda Rousey Joins ‘The Rock’ At WrestleMania To Throw ‘Triple H,’ Dana White Approves
- Anthony Pettis Has No Timetable For Return, Wants To Fight Nate Diaz
- WSOF 19: Justin Gaethje vs. Luis Palomino Video Highlights
Forrest Griffin out of UFC 155 fight with Phil Davis
Octagon veteran Forrest Griffin joined the never-ending UFC injury list, and will no longer participate in the co-main event bout with Phil Davis at UFC 155.
Griffin has completely wrecked his knee, tearing MCL and straining his ACL tendons. Thirty-three year old fighter was hoping to make a statement against Davis, but will now have to face a long-term recovery. UFC President Dana White confirmed the news on Twitter:
Forrest Has MCL tear and ACL strain. 20 cc’s of blood removed from his knee and the saga continues at the UFC!!
It is yet to be determined whether the UFC will be able to find a replacement for Griffin, as not many fighters are overly excited to get inside the Octagon with Phil Davis on short notice. This could be an interesting opportunity for a fighter like Jimi Manuwa, who impressed MMA fans around the world with a dominant performance against Kyle Kingsbury back in September.
Forrest Griffin was originally scheduled to face Chael Sonnen at UFC 155, but this fight was scrapped after Sonnen was ‘promoted’ to face Jon Jones in April. UFC 155 injury list also includes Chris Weidman and Gray Maynard.
Stay tuned to LowKick.com for more.