- ‘Bigfoot’ Silva vs Soa Palelei Added To UFC 190 In August
- Three Reasons To Watch UFC 186
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 3
- Invicta FC 12 Results: Souza Becomes New Strawweight Champion
- Noncommittal About Return, Georges St. Pierre ‘Taking It Slow’ In Training
- UFC 186 Weigh-In Results: Title Fight Official In Canada
- UFC 186 LowKick Predictions
- ONE Championship 26 Results: Askren vs. Santos Ends In No Contest Following Eyepoke
- UFC 186: Georges St-Pierre And Rory MacDonald Q&A
- UFC 186 Embedded Episode 2
Forrest Griffin out of UFC 155 fight with Phil Davis
Octagon veteran Forrest Griffin joined the never-ending UFC injury list, and will no longer participate in the co-main event bout with Phil Davis at UFC 155.
Griffin has completely wrecked his knee, tearing MCL and straining his ACL tendons. Thirty-three year old fighter was hoping to make a statement against Davis, but will now have to face a long-term recovery. UFC President Dana White confirmed the news on Twitter:
Forrest Has MCL tear and ACL strain. 20 cc’s of blood removed from his knee and the saga continues at the UFC!!
It is yet to be determined whether the UFC will be able to find a replacement for Griffin, as not many fighters are overly excited to get inside the Octagon with Phil Davis on short notice. This could be an interesting opportunity for a fighter like Jimi Manuwa, who impressed MMA fans around the world with a dominant performance against Kyle Kingsbury back in September.
Forrest Griffin was originally scheduled to face Chael Sonnen at UFC 155, but this fight was scrapped after Sonnen was ‘promoted’ to face Jon Jones in April. UFC 155 injury list also includes Chris Weidman and Gray Maynard.
Stay tuned to LowKick.com for more.