- Burt Watson Denies Resignation Had Anything To Do With Rousey, White & Munoz
- Ronda Rousey: Me Fighting Men Is Not A Reality
- Chris Weidman: “It Just Sucks” That Anderson Silva Took Steroids
- Invicta FC 11: “Cyborg” Pockets 15 x Tweet’s Salary
- Anthony Johnson Doubts Jon Jones Will Train Year-Round
- What’s The Point Of Debating Ronda Rousey’s Ability To Defeat Male Fighters?
Forrest Griffin And Stephan Bonnar To Be Inducted In To UFC Hall Of Fame
Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar are to be inducted in to the UFC‘s Hall of Fame this year. The two are most well known for their epic slugfest, which took place at TUF 1 finale. The fight helped catapult MMA and the UFC in to the mainstream, and made Griffin and Bonnar household names (kinda). Both went on to lead seven-year careers in the UFC before retiring this year, Bonnar called it quits following his loss to Anderson Silva, while Griffin has been inactive since beating Tito Ortiz in July of 2012.
Griffin captured the UFC‘s Light-Heavyweight title after beating Quinton Jackson at UFC 86 and also beat guys like Shogun Rua, Bonnar in a rematch, Tito Ortiz (twice). Griffin even faced Anderson Silva and has eventually called it quits after compiling a 19-7 record in MMA. Bonnar never turned out to be championship material but he did earn some good wins against Krzystof Soszynski, Kyle Kingsbury, Eric Schafer and Igor Pokrajac.
So with the new age of fighters coming up, the MMA world says a fond goodbye to two of our favorite warriors. It seems so long ago now that these two guys were standing and throwing everything, including the kitchen sink, at each other to end TUF 1. Time will tell if both wind up with a position with the UFC‘s management, as Griffin spoke of a position doing charitable acts for the UFC.