- Jon Jones Upgraded To Suspect In New Mexico Hit-And-Run Accident
- Poll: Is Demetrious Johnson The World’s No. 1 Pound-For-Pound Fighter?
- What’s Next For UFC 186’s Biggest Winners?
- Rashad Evans Would ‘Definitely Give Rampage A Rematch’
- UFC 186: Michael Bisping vs. C.B. Dollaway Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Rampage Jackson vs. Fabio Maldonado Video Highlights
- UFC 186: Demetrious Johnson vs. Kyoji Horiguchi Video Highlights
- Al Iaquinta Meets Bobby Green At UFC on FOX 16
- UFC 186 Bonuses: ‘Mighty Mouse’ Leads List Of Four $50,000 Winners
- UFC 186 Post-Fight Press Conference
Forrest Griffin And Stephan Bonnar To Be Inducted In To UFC Hall Of Fame
Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar are to be inducted in to the UFC‘s Hall of Fame this year. The two are most well known for their epic slugfest, which took place at TUF 1 finale. The fight helped catapult MMA and the UFC in to the mainstream, and made Griffin and Bonnar household names (kinda). Both went on to lead seven-year careers in the UFC before retiring this year, Bonnar called it quits following his loss to Anderson Silva, while Griffin has been inactive since beating Tito Ortiz in July of 2012.
Griffin captured the UFC‘s Light-Heavyweight title after beating Quinton Jackson at UFC 86 and also beat guys like Shogun Rua, Bonnar in a rematch, Tito Ortiz (twice). Griffin even faced Anderson Silva and has eventually called it quits after compiling a 19-7 record in MMA. Bonnar never turned out to be championship material but he did earn some good wins against Krzystof Soszynski, Kyle Kingsbury, Eric Schafer and Igor Pokrajac.
So with the new age of fighters coming up, the MMA world says a fond goodbye to two of our favorite warriors. It seems so long ago now that these two guys were standing and throwing everything, including the kitchen sink, at each other to end TUF 1. Time will tell if both wind up with a position with the UFC‘s management, as Griffin spoke of a position doing charitable acts for the UFC.