- Igor Pokrajac And Five Others Cut From The UFC
- Julianna Pena Returns Against Milana Dudieva At UFC Fight Night 63
- UFC 183: Up Close & Personal – Anderson Silva
- Rashad Evans Predicts Anthony Johnson Will Knock Out Jon Jones
- Cris Cyborg Return Set For Same Weekend & City As Ronda Rousey
- Jose Aldo vs Conor McGregor Postponed Until Mid-Summer
- UFC 183: Anderson Silva vs Nick Diaz Fight Breakdown
- Akira Corassani Announces Retirement From MMA
- Did A Head Butt Cause Alexander Gustafsson To Lose In Sweden?
- Daniel Cormier Wants To Fight Alexander Gustafsson In Louisiana
Max Holloway Steps In For ‘Korean Zombie’ Against Akira Corassani At UFC Fight Night 53
The recent news that Chan Sung Jung was removed from his slot on the upcoming UFC Fight Night 53 card was not so great for fans of “KZ”. The South Korean has once again taken a setback in his career due to injury, and things aren’t exactly looking great for him right now. Being this banged up at just 27 is not a good sign.
It was revealed today that a replacement has been found for the absent “Korean Zombie” in Sweden, as Max Holloway steps up to face Akira Corassani in Sweden.
— Jerome-Max Holloway (@BlessedMMA) August 28, 2014
Holloway is riding a three fight win streak for the UFC, with TKO wins over Will Chope and Clay Collard, as well as a submission win over Andre Fili. The last time “Blessed” tasted defeat was against surging featherweight contender Conor McGregor. He faces a tough test in TUF veteran Corassani.
The Renzo Gracie product had his three-fight win streak snapped by Dustin Poirier at The Ultimate Fighter Nations finals, although he won fight of the night for his game effort. Who will use this opportunity to shine in the co-main event, hometown favorite Corassani, or Holloway having only fought in the last week?