- UFC 179 Post Fight Press Conference Video
- Joe Rogan’s Ultimate 8 Jose Aldo Moments
- UFC 179 Embedded Episode 4: You Will Die!
- Bellator 130 Results & Highlights: Emanuel Newton Retains Title With Late Finish
- UFC 179 LowKick MMA Staff (+1) Predictions
- Quote: Jose Aldo vs Anthony Pettis Could Still Happen
- Conor McGregor vs Dennis Siver Headlines UFC Fight Night 59
- UFC 179 Weigh-Ins Results: Aldo vs Mendes 2 Official
- UFC 179 Conor McGregor Q&A Video
- UFC 179 Embedded: Episode 3
Max Holloway Steps In For ‘Korean Zombie’ Against Akira Corassani At UFC Fight Night 53
The recent news that Chan Sung Jung was removed from his slot on the upcoming UFC Fight Night 53 card was not so great for fans of “KZ”. The South Korean has once again taken a setback in his career due to injury, and things aren’t exactly looking great for him right now. Being this banged up at just 27 is not a good sign.
It was revealed today that a replacement has been found for the absent “Korean Zombie” in Sweden, as Max Holloway steps up to face Akira Corassani in Sweden.
— Jerome-Max Holloway (@BlessedMMA) August 28, 2014
Holloway is riding a three fight win streak for the UFC, with TKO wins over Will Chope and Clay Collard, as well as a submission win over Andre Fili. The last time “Blessed” tasted defeat was against surging featherweight contender Conor McGregor. He faces a tough test in TUF veteran Corassani.
The Renzo Gracie product had his three-fight win streak snapped by Dustin Poirier at The Ultimate Fighter Nations finals, although he won fight of the night for his game effort. Who will use this opportunity to shine in the co-main event, hometown favorite Corassani, or Holloway having only fought in the last week?