- Poll: Which Bout Will Win UFC on FOX 15′s ‘Fight Of The Night?’
- Jacare Still Believes The Next Title Shot Will Be His
- UFC on FOX 15 Official Weigh-In Video & Results: Main Event Official
- Rafael dos Anjos Aims For November Return Following Surgery
- Jon Jones: ‘Mr. JV’ Phil Davis Can’t ‘Crumble Me Like A Cookie’ In Bellator
- UFC on FOX 15 LowKick Predictions
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Max Holloway Steps In For ‘Korean Zombie’ Against Akira Corassani At UFC Fight Night 53
The recent news that Chan Sung Jung was removed from his slot on the upcoming UFC Fight Night 53 card was not so great for fans of “KZ”. The South Korean has once again taken a setback in his career due to injury, and things aren’t exactly looking great for him right now. Being this banged up at just 27 is not a good sign.
It was revealed today that a replacement has been found for the absent “Korean Zombie” in Sweden, as Max Holloway steps up to face Akira Corassani in Sweden.
— Jerome-Max Holloway (@BlessedMMA) August 28, 2014
Holloway is riding a three fight win streak for the UFC, with TKO wins over Will Chope and Clay Collard, as well as a submission win over Andre Fili. The last time “Blessed” tasted defeat was against surging featherweight contender Conor McGregor. He faces a tough test in TUF veteran Corassani.
The Renzo Gracie product had his three-fight win streak snapped by Dustin Poirier at The Ultimate Fighter Nations finals, although he won fight of the night for his game effort. Who will use this opportunity to shine in the co-main event, hometown favorite Corassani, or Holloway having only fought in the last week?