- UFC 181 Free Fight: Georges St. Pierre Squeaks By Johny Hendricks
- Vitor Belfort Passes Random NSAC Drug Test
- Will Weidman vs. Belfort Actually Happen At UFC 184?
- Joe Rogan Calls Ronda Rousey “Once Ever” Fighter
- Bobby Green Thinking About Retiring After UFC Fight Night 57
- Ricardo Lamas Hoping For Conor McGregor Next
- UFC Fight Night 57 Frankie Edgar vs Cub Swanson Breakdown
- Luke Rockhold Signs 8-Fight UFC Contract, Headed For “Big Fight”
- Frankie Edgar Believes Conor McGregor’s Never Been In Deep Water
- UFC Reportedly Suffers 40 Percent Drop In Profit During 2014
Floyd Mayweather Fight Ronda Rousey? “Money” Doesn’t Even Know Who “He” Is
Floyd Mayweather is one of the greatest boxers the sport has ever known. Indeed, with a professional record of 46 – 0 and numerous world titles to his name, “Pretty Boy” could very well be the greatest boxer of all time.
However, in the world of MMA, Mayweather pulls little respect for how his boxing might fare against an MMA fighter.
To the point, UFC President Dana White has openly mused about his belief that women’s bantamweight champion Ronda Rousey would beat Mayweather in a fight.
Specifically, White told MMA Junkie that, although he didn’t start the Rousey vs. Mayweather talk, he agreed with the conclusion that Rousey would beat the boxer in a fight.
“I didn’t start the whole ‘Ronda Rousey could beat Floyd Mayweather’ thing. That didn’t start with me. I just supported it and agreed 100 percent. You take a street fight, Ronda wins that fight and hurts him badly. You do an MMA fight, same result. Boxing match? Floyd Mayweather chews her up.”
Yesterday, the question was put Mayweather at a press scrum, as to what he thought about White’s comments regarding “Rowdy” beating him.
In answer, the undefeated champion simply shrugged his shoulders and said, “I don’t even know who he is.”
When told that the fighter in question was a woman, Mayweather again shrugged his shoulders and repeated his comment, “I don’t know who that is.”
In terms of Mayweather not knowing who Rousey is, it’s a little difficult to fathom. Yes, Mayweather is a busy guy and doesn’t appear to follow MMA, but given the fact that he lives in Las Vegas and Rousey is a huge “Sin City” star, it would be reasonable to assume that “Pretty Boy” is aware of who Rousey is.
Perhaps Mayweather really doesn’t know who “Rowdy” is, but it might be a safer bet that the boxing legend was simply having some fun with the media and doing his best not to feed into Rousey’s or the UFC’s hype.
In considering the subject and the fact that he can’t do anything about it, because Rousey is a woman and in a different sport, Mayweather’s answer regarding Rousey was a good one and possibly the best response he could have given.
Video courtesy of David Greisman
Photo courtesy of Floyd Mayweather