- Grapple At The Garden Results: Maynard & King Mo Score Wins
- After UFC Fight Night 58 Win, Renan Barao Wants To Bring Belt Back To Brazil
- Luke Rockhold Calls Out Lyoto Machida After UFC Fight Night 58
- Scott Coker Pulls Contract Card On Dana White Over Rampage
- UFC Fight Night 58: Renan Barao vs. Mitch Gagnon Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 58: Lyoto Machida vs. CB Dollaway Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC Fight Night 58 Post-Fight Bonuses: Four Earn “Performance of The Night” in Brazil
- UFC Fight Night 58 Post-Fight Press Conference
- *UPDATE* Rampage Jackson Will Return To UFC Despite Bellator Contract
- UFC Fight Night 58 Main Card Results: Machida Finishes Dollaway, Barao Submits Gagnon
UFC Fight Night 28 Bonuses: 50K To Teixeira, Hallmann, Natal & Troeng
In what was an awesome night of fights from Belo, Brazil, the UFC handed out bonuses of $50,000 (US) for Wednesday night’s FOX Fight Night 28 card. The bonuses were awarded to Glover Teixeira, Piotr Hallmann, Rafael Natal and Tor Troeng.
Glover Teixeira earned knock-out-of-the-night, for his 1rst round KO of Ryan Bader. In the fight, Teixeira had to survive a confident, mobile and aggressive Bader, who, at one point, seemed to have Teixeira in some serious trouble. Rocked and up against the fence, the two engaged in a slugging match and in the midst of it, Glover was able to land a nice one-two combination and Bader went down. With Ryan down and turtling-up, Teixeira was able to land the blows needed to have referee Herb Dean step-in and end the fight.
Piotr Hallmann took home submission-of-the-night for his beautiful and nasty looking Kimura of Francisco Trinaldo. Trinaldo owned Hallman on the feet in the 1rst round, with heavy hands and even heavier leg kicks. However, Hallmann, who had been hurt early in the round by the punishment, somehow managed to survive. As the 2nd round broke, Hallmann seemed to be intent to get the fight to the ground, which he eventually did. In some truly beautiful Jiu-Jitsu, the two switch and rolled, exchanging positions, but Hallman finally got the better of Trinaldo and laced in a very nasty Kimura and Trinaldo was forced to tap.
Fight-of-the-night went to Rafael Natal and Tor Troeng for their 3 rounds of battle. Troeng put on a good showing for himself over the 15 minutes, but the story of the fight was really all Rafael Natal, as he dominated Troeng for the entire fight and took home a unanimous decision. Of this fight, two things can be said of these middleweights, Rafael Natal is a great fighter and Tor Troeng is a tough fighter with a very good chin. On that point, Troeng survived a big right in the 2nd that would probably have ended the night for most fighters.
*Gate and attendance were not released.