- Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier: Bad Blood And Countdown To UFC 182
- Edson Barboza vs. Michael Johnson Official For UFC Fight Night 61 Co-Main Event
- Rampage Jackson’s ‘Crazy’ Bellator Deal Included Reality TV Show, Movie Deal
- Gray Maynard Confirms New Deal With The UFC, Eyes March Return
- UFC vs Bellator? Jose Aldo & Patricio Freire Ponder Fighting
- Don Frye On UFC Lawsuit: They’re Going To Take Their Check And Run
- LowKickMMA’s Fight Of The Year 2014 – Aldo vs Mendes 2
- UFC Fight Pass Subscribers’ Personal Information Potentially Released By Hackers
- Report: Brock Lesnar Returning To UFC After Wrestlemania
Faced With Daniel Cormier’s Freestyle, Dan Henderson Believes His Greco Roman Skills Are More Suited For MMA
At the ripe age of 43, former Pride and Strikeforce champion Dan Henderson is still looking to get his hands on the only piece of hardware that’s eluded him throughout his 17-year fighting career – a UFC title.
That quest continues in the co-main event of this Saturday’s (May 24, 2014) UFC 173 from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Set to take on undefeated Daniel Cormier for a potential light heavyweight title shot, “Hendo” has the odds stacked against him.
But that’s not a new scenario for Henderson, who recently righted the wrongs of a three-fight skid with a come-from-behind knockout of “Shogun” Rua at UFC Fight Night 38.
However, Henderson will be fighting without testosterone-replacement therapy (TRT) for the first time since 2006-2007, a dynamic that could adversely affect his performance against fellow Olympic wrestler Cormier.
With “Hendo’s” vaunted Greco Roman skills set to clash with Cormier’s freestyle wrestling, the MMA legend met up with MMA H.E.A.T. to discuss the pivotal bout: