- Jacare: It’s My Time, I Can Finish Anybody In The Division
- UFC on FOX 15: Jacare Souza vs. Chris Camozzi Full Fight Video Highlights
- Max Holloway: I Want That Win Back Over Conor McGregor
- Luke Rockhold Promises To Choke Chris Weidman At Madison Square Garden
- UFC on FOX 15: Paige VanZant vs. Felice Herrig Full Fight Video Highlights
- UFC on FOX 15: Luke Rockhold vs. Lyoto Machida Full Fight Video Highlights
- Anderson Silva Looking To Represent Brazil In 2016 Summer Olympics
- After Machida, Luke Rockhold Wants Weidman In New York
- LowKick MMA Is Hiring Writers & Contributors!
Faced With Daniel Cormier’s Freestyle, Dan Henderson Believes His Greco Roman Skills Are More Suited For MMA
At the ripe age of 43, former Pride and Strikeforce champion Dan Henderson is still looking to get his hands on the only piece of hardware that’s eluded him throughout his 17-year fighting career – a UFC title.
That quest continues in the co-main event of this Saturday’s (May 24, 2014) UFC 173 from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Set to take on undefeated Daniel Cormier for a potential light heavyweight title shot, “Hendo” has the odds stacked against him.
But that’s not a new scenario for Henderson, who recently righted the wrongs of a three-fight skid with a come-from-behind knockout of “Shogun” Rua at UFC Fight Night 38.
However, Henderson will be fighting without testosterone-replacement therapy (TRT) for the first time since 2006-2007, a dynamic that could adversely affect his performance against fellow Olympic wrestler Cormier.
With “Hendo’s” vaunted Greco Roman skills set to clash with Cormier’s freestyle wrestling, the MMA legend met up with MMA H.E.A.T. to discuss the pivotal bout: