- UFC Fight Night 52 Weigh-Ins Live Stream 3 AM ET
- Alistair Overeem vs Stefan Struve Booked For UFC On FOX 13
- Matt Mitrione Views Andrei Arlovski As ‘The Next Step’
- Machida vs. Dollaway Scheduled For UFC Fight Night 58
- Coach: Hendricks About 85 Percent, Looking To Return In February
- Ronda Rousey: I’m Sure ‘Cyborg’ Will Dope As Long As Possible Before Coming To UFC
- UFN 50 Medical Suspensions: ‘Jacare’ & Rothwell Out Indefinitely
Faced With Daniel Cormier’s Freestyle, Dan Henderson Believes His Greco Roman Skills Are More Suited For MMA
At the ripe age of 43, former Pride and Strikeforce champion Dan Henderson is still looking to get his hands on the only piece of hardware that’s eluded him throughout his 17-year fighting career – a UFC title.
That quest continues in the co-main event of this Saturday’s (May 24, 2014) UFC 173 from the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada. Set to take on undefeated Daniel Cormier for a potential light heavyweight title shot, “Hendo” has the odds stacked against him.
But that’s not a new scenario for Henderson, who recently righted the wrongs of a three-fight skid with a come-from-behind knockout of “Shogun” Rua at UFC Fight Night 38.
However, Henderson will be fighting without testosterone-replacement therapy (TRT) for the first time since 2006-2007, a dynamic that could adversely affect his performance against fellow Olympic wrestler Cormier.
With “Hendo’s” vaunted Greco Roman skills set to clash with Cormier’s freestyle wrestling, the MMA legend met up with MMA H.E.A.T. to discuss the pivotal bout: